I'm a bit daft with Domain Keys & SPF, do these have to propagate like DNS? The DNS for my site has long updated (I moved it to KH on Friday)
Dan, I believe the ~all may be part of your problem with hotmail, if I recall correctly. Tick this option in cpanel:
All Entry (ALL):
If you are sure you have entered all hosts (your primary mail exchanger and any other mx entries are automatically included) that will send mail for your domain, check this box to exclude all other domains.
That would make it -all. Here is my SPF:
v=spf1 +a +mx +ip4:67.222.x.x +a:host.[mysite].com +ip4:67.222.x.x -all
- yours should have the google info in there, obviously.
It is my understanding that -all is a hard block of any other domains.
I actually have a decent delivery rate with hotmail! It's Gmail that is the biggest pain in my butt.
Make sure you've filled these out:
Junk Mail Reporting Partner Program
- A free service to provide reports on junk email issues reported by Outlook users
- Returns the full message with headers of any email marked as “junk” or “phishing”
- Provides senders an opportunity to clean their email lists and improve the quality of their content
- Helps identify potential problems with your marketing practices and content
- Helps improve sender reputation by removing unwanted subscribers from lists
- Enroll at https://support.msn.com/eform.aspx?productKey=edfsjmrpp&ct=eformts and typically start receiving feedback within as little as 72 hours.
- A simple authentication technology that has been adopted by thousands of organizations worldwide
- Leverages SPF records which have been published by over 10 million domains in the world
- Helps improve deliverability by verifying your identity and the IPs which send mail from your authenticated domain
- Help prevent spammers and phishers from sending email from your domains
- Learn more at http://g.live.com/9wc9en-us/senderid
Once I did both of these forms, my success rate with getting messages through greatly increased.
When you test, send yourself a legit email like "testing the spf of the site" and make sure you've got a subject & body. I find that when sending "test" messages with nothing other than test in the body or subject, they end up in the junk folder.
And last night, when I disabled DKIM to re-enable it, an old username I hadn't used in years (on this server) had wedged itself into this site's DKIM! No clue how that happened, but I manually deleted it via SSH and then re-enabled DKIM via cpanel. Seems to be OK now, except I can't seem to test it.