Server Busy

AMH

Hi,

This is a bit of an odd problem that is getting worst. "Server Busy" has become the norm in my stats and I am not sure what the problem is. I thought memory however these are the stats:

total used free shared buff/cache available
Mem: 5242880 1980472 335732 42644 2926676 3092950
Swap: 0 0 0
Total: 5242880 1980472 335732

Does anyone have a suggestion as they are Wordpress websites?

503 Server busy 558 60.8 %

Should I look at the use of Wordpress memory?

WP_MEMORY_LIMIT WordPress memory limit 40M
WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT Administrative memory limit 256M

Thanks

@AMH are you getting any "Excessive resource usage" emails from your lfd?
Do you know of a specific page that's producing that "Server Busy" message?

This is from the one website.

as23.postimg.org_tbp9e4al7_503.jpg

You likely have a specific page or pages that visitors are going to that are either broken or need to be reprogrammed to reduce resource usage. What you're looking at there is just a summary of everything and it won't at all help you isolate the problem. You should go into apache logs or more easily, since it's such a large percentage, just check "latest visitors" in cPanel, then click on the gear to add the "Status" column, then look for URLs with that 503 status code. You might find the exact pages causing the issue. If you find that there's no consistency where those 503's are coming from you may need a more powerful server, or as I said maybe some reprogramming.

Thank you that was very helpful. Its the login on the website that is being flooded with login attempts. I have hidden the login URL so let me see after a few days what happens.

Ooooh yeah!!! Hackers found your login page and had a field-day with it. Glad you've discovered and remedied it. :cool:
I just hope it was in time before anyone got in.
With a little slick programming or some modsec additions you can easily prevent that type of thing.