Selling PHP applications

stormrider

Hello,

I´m from Brazil and i´m looking for a way to sell two applications that i have been working for a long time on other countries ( specially USA ).

Do you have any tips of where should i start to do this? Is there a site that sell scripts or that can help on this?

The first application is a email marketing system for web hosting companies. Mainly it is a script with a control panel that helps companies to offer email marketing plans with quotas ( ex.: 10000 mails/month ), user control, etc.

And the other is a support application like kayako but with a cleaner design and with some features that i missed on it.

Thanks,

Fernando.

Hello,

I´m from Brazil and i´m looking for a way to sell two applications that i have been working for a long time on other countries ( specially USA ).

Do you have any tips of where should i start to do this? Is there a site that sell scripts or that can help on this?

The first application is a email marketing system for web hosting companies. Mainly it is a script with a control panel that helps companies to offer email marketing plans with quotas ( ex.: 10000 mails/month ), user control, etc.

And the other is a support application like kayako but with a cleaner design and with some features that i missed on it.

Thanks,

Fernando.

So basically things you can sell into the hosting market as well? You should advertise, etc like a hosting company would do on forums, Google, etc. Possibly offer hosting and bundle this product of yours as a value add... Just a few little ideas.

Thanks,
Joel

I don't know if this is something you'd look into, but WHMCS has a licensing module addon that you can use to essentially sell licenses to your programs. You'd have to mod your programs to be able to handle the license, but it may be a decent protection for you.

Again, I'm not exactly sure on what you're looking for, but it may be worth checking out.

Hello,

So basically things you can sell into the hosting market as well? You should advertise, etc like a hosting company would do on forums, Google, etc. Possibly offer hosting and bundle this product of yours as a value add... Just a few little ideas.

Yes, this is something that i can sell on hosting market. But what i´m looking is some partnership with web hosting companies. Example, when i signed up on KH i had the option to get an WHMCS,. Fantastico and/or Rvskin license.

I don´t think web hosting companies will simply start offering my software if i don´t have a good client base.

From your point of view, what makes knownhost and other companies offer WHMCS licenses? Did you get contacted directly from WHMCS or did you start offering because your clients needed it?

I don't know if this is something you'd look into, but WHMCS has a licensing module addon that you can use to essentially sell licenses to your programs. You'd have to mod your programs to be able to handle the license, but it may be a decent protection for you.

Again, I'm not exactly sure on what you're looking for, but it may be worth checking out.

Hello,

I was looking for a license system and got in touch with WHMCS sales to get more info.

Unfortunately a simple search on google show that WHMCS license system is really easy to hack.

So i´ ll try to do my own license system.

Thanks,

Fernando.

Might I ask what your search terms were? I just tried searching but was finding references to people getting around the WHMCS license itself (the one that means you run a paid version of WHMCS or not).

Might I ask what your search terms were? I just tried searching but was finding references to people getting around the WHMCS license itself (the one that means you run a paid version of WHMCS or not).

I searched for "whmcs license bypass" ( moderator, if it is again the forums rules to post this, please remove ).

They basically change the ip that is resolved when acessing the licensing system of WHMCS url. If you are using their licensing system, them people would change the resolve.conf of your licensing system address.

I read over the first few results that the Google search gave me. What they were bypassing was WHMCS's licensing system, essentially letting them run a hacked WHMCS set up. That was not bypassing of the licensing module where you can license out your own items.

I have no idea what it would take to break the security of that license module, but you could probably get more information from http://www.whmcs.com/licensing.php or by contacting their support folks.

Hello,

Basically is the same thing. They change the resolv.conf and redirects your license domain ( ex.: license.yourdomain.com ) to their local webserver.

This way, your local server will act as if their license server and will return a positive reply ( the same that the license server returns when your license is valid ).

I've not looked into how the licensing module works. I would assume that they would need to own WHMCS and the licensing module to be able to bypass your own security, I would think.