Safe Port (Europe Clients)

Discussion in 'Pre-Sales Questions' started by Demonio, Mar 26, 2008.

1. Demonio

Demonio New Member

Hi KH community,
    We want to know if we, being spanish, can host with you without any problem with Safe Port policies from Europe.

2. KH-Joel

KH-Joel KH Sales Staff Member

Demonio,

Thanks for your interest in KnownHost. We have many customers from Europe. We are not familiar with Safe Port policies from Europe. Can you elaborate a bit on this?

Thanks,
    Joel

3. Demonio

Demonio New Member

Hi Joel,
    I'm sorry but i don't have more info about this. But it is a policy from Europe Union.

It says what we need (To host in USA) a company what agree with this policies.

4. KH-Joel

Do you have a link to this policy from the European Union? It's tough to say yes this can be done without knowing what it is.

Anyone else on the forum know what this is? ??

Joel

5. rezag

rezag New Member

Refers to internet gambling among other things, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SAFE_Port_Act

(disclaimer, this is what I believe the OP is refering to, not familiar with any other provision or law called 'Safe Port')

6. KH-Joel

We don't allow gambling sites so that would mean the answer is no. Best of luck.

Thanks,
    Joel

7. Demonio

Demonio New Member

Hmm... not, it wasn't what i refered.

I'll try to find some info in english to send to you.

Regards,

8. grecacer

grecacer New Member

9. Demonio

Demonio New Member

Thank you grecacer!!

10. rezag

rezag New Member

So you are worried that your European clients' data is not fully protected when on US based servers ? I would think this kind of protection might go beyond KH and is something the Colo4dallas (or other datacenters) support one way or another. Thats what I understand from it anyway, I am sure others will clarify and correct me :)

11. Demonio

Demonio New Member

Not exactly, im more worried about pay to EU because my provider do not apply to this policies... ;)

12. KH-Joel

Hello,

This is not something we support. We discussed it internally and this isn't something we are looking to add.

Thanks,
    Joel