Root Access ?

knownhoster

I need to upload a file on my root folder but getting to root via ftp is causing me headaches. Anyone know how I can get to root via FTP ? I've tried with FileZilla, CuteFTP and some other program support recommended but none of them work. I've also tried enabling SSH on WHM but it keeps failing :( .How do you access your root directory and see it in folder mode ? (not talking about SSH prompt with all dat command stuff) .

If you want FTP-like root level access, then put root into the login field and root password into the password field. As for connection refused - please refer to your welcome email for custom ssh port number. My bet is that you're trying to connect over standard ssh port (22/tcp).

Regards,
Paul

Paul! :D . You are a living legend!. You've made my day. You bet right!. I was trying to connect via ssh port 22 instead of ssh port 2200 .

Thank you paul. Support really does mean support on KnownHost unlike other services !

If you want FTP-like root level access, then put root into the login field and root password into the password field. As for connection refused - please refer to your welcome email for custom ssh port number. My bet is that you're trying to connect over standard ssh port (22/tcp).

Regards,
Paul

Does anyone know if you can use FlashFXP to connect to the root?

I have options for SSL but no mention of SSH