Request Entity Too Large

AMH

Does anyone know how to fix this error which shows each time I upload a file to a PHPBB forum?

Request Entity Too Large

The requested resource
/forum/posting.php
does not allow request data with GET requests, or the amount of data provided in the request exceeds the capacity limit.
Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Yes I already opened a ticket a week or so ago but that is not getting me anywhere. The error pops up after 30 seconds of the upload. I have already changed the execution time from 30s to 300s in the php.ini file and restarted Apache to no avail. I read on the internet that in Apache there is a setting called "LimitRequestBody" but I don't find that setting in my httpd.conf file.

Does anyone have fresh ideas?

This doesn't sound like a server related problem but rather a possible issue with PHPBB or its configuration - it should should be using POST instead of GET for file uploads. You might want to check with PHPBB developers/community to find out why this happens and what needs to be done to resolve this