Questions about transferring host HELP!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kittydink

Hello everyone,

I have a horrible situation where my host has disappeared, and my site is slowed to a crawl, Im currently trying to back up my VB forum database using my sql dumper however this keeps timing out.

Im wondering if there is some other way to transfer my database , I currently have CPanel, and was wondering if anyone would be able to assist me with the transfer.

My data base is approx 900mb.

Can I change hosts, without having a backup, its just that I cannot get one since the dumper keeps timing out...... I do have FTP access and CPanel access...

Hoping someone can help......

Many thanks

Hello everyone,

I have a horrible situation where my host has disappeared, and my site is slowed to a crawl, Im currently trying to back up my VB forum database using my sql dumper however this keeps timing out.

Im wondering if there is some other way to transfer my database , I currently have CPanel, and was wondering if anyone would be able to assist me with the transfer.

My data base is approx 900mb.

Can I change hosts, without having a backup, its just that I cannot get one since the dumper keeps timing out...... I do have FTP access and CPanel access...

Hoping someone can help......

Many thanks

Hello,

Which hosting plan are you looking at? We would need access to your cPanel interface so we can see the backup icon to move the files. If you give us access we can attempt to do this. Hope this helps.

Thanks,
Joel

Hey there Joel, thankyou so much for such a speedy reply, Im certainly in a panic here......

Im looking at the special offer you have on webhosting talk for this one:

VPS XXL - $60/mo **With promo $54 for life, Second month is FREE**
325 GB Premium Bandwidth (650 GB Premium Bandwidth in California)
448 MB Guaranteed RAM Burstable to 1.5 GB
25 GB Disk Space
Dedicated IP: 2

Thankyou for any help,

Its quite strange too, when I login to the VBulletin control panel, its telling me that server load is near zero yet my site is at a total crawl,, I have no idea what has gone wrong, and my host is nowhere to be found.

Hey there Joel, thankyou so much for such a speedy reply, Im certainly in a panic here......

Im looking at the special offer you have on webhosting talk for this one:

VPS XXL - $60/mo **With promo $54 for life, Second month is FREE**
325 GB Premium Bandwidth (650 GB Premium Bandwidth in California)
448 MB Guaranteed RAM Burstable to 1.5 GB
25 GB Disk Space
Dedicated IP: 2

Thankyou for any help,

Its quite strange too, when I login to the VBulletin control panel, its telling me that server load is near zero yet my site is at a total crawl,, I have no idea what has gone wrong, and my host is nowhere to be found.

We can get you a VPS setup today for sure. Just place the order and await the new welcome email with IP's, etc. Once you get that open a support ticket asking for migration assistance and provide logins to both accounts. We will take it from there. If for some reason we have troubles we will let you know. Worst case we give you your money back since we have a 30 day money back guarantee but the goal is to migrate all your data for you. Hope to see you signup and sorry for you current troubles.

Thanks,
Joel

Hey Joel, thankyou again, thats great if you can help me today, what a mess this is........
Ill go and sign up right now, and look forward to hearing from someone hopefully very soon :)

Hey Joel, thankyou again, thats great if you can help me today, what a mess this is........
Ill go and sign up right now, and look forward to hearing from someone hopefully very soon :)

Sounds good. Just await the welcome email with IP's then open the support ticket. If we can migrate the data we definitely will.

Thanks,
Joel

Hi Joel, Ive just paid, hopefully Ill hear from someone soon,

You will receive your account information including username, password, and IP address within 24 hours of the receipt of this email if you are paying by credit card or paypal

I keep trying to do a backup and the sql dumper keeps timing out..... the site is crawling to near standstill.... UGHH...

Is there any way I can recieve that email quicker than within 24 hours?

It will be within 24 hours, no worries on that. We have already passed it to the provisioning team. Keep in mind it's 5:30pm EST here so when I say today I mean by like midnight time. I know your time zone and our time zone is a bit different. :)

The backup failing as you mentioned we can try as well when you give us access. If this still is an issue and it prevents us from migrating the data we will discuss that then. If you have full root access please give our support team this as well when you open the support ticket. The more the better. Thanks again.

Joel

Actually Joel, I cant believe this, but my backup just started working, Im hoping the site will continue to run for long enough to get the back up done.

Thanks so much, looking forward to talking to your support team soon :)

You're welcome email with logins were sent a little while ago. Please open a support ticket and they will assist you. Welcome to KnownHost.

Thanks,
Joel

Status
Not open for further replies.