Purchased

Hendricks

I've just purchased a V3 server, and I have a few questions..

1) I was told I need to make myself nameservers, so that I can put it on with my Domain; however, I have never had a vps, How do I go about doing this?

2) Why does it take five hours to get my login details when other providers send it within five minutes.

3) Can I host more than one website on a vps?

4) How many people can use the server before it lags. (I own a online web based rpg that has 600 members, and want to make sure it don't lag.

That's all thanks.

Hello Hendricks,

First, welcome to KnownHost. I've went ahead and answered your questions. Anything else let us know. Have a nice weekend.

1) I was told I need to make myself nameservers, so that I can put it on with my Domain; however, I have never had a vps, How do I go about doing this?

--Your custom nameservers need registered at your domain registrar. Depending on your domain registrar is it's done differently. I'd recommend opening a support ticket and we can assist you. With a VPS you get more flexibility and more power so with custom nameservers they do need registered at the respective domain registrar.

2) Why does it take five hours to get my login details when other providers send it within five minutes.

--You must be comparing a VPS order with us compared to shared or reseller hosting with someone else? VPS's are like your own servers which require us to do much more work before sending you the welcome email. We do various security/optimization tasks too which many don't do so this is something to consider as well. On average our VPS's are setup in 2-3 hours depending what control panel is selected so if yours took 5 you must have ordered during the middle of the night.

3) Can I host more than one website on a vps?

--You can host unlimited websites with a VPS.

4) How many people can use the server before it lags. (I own a online web based rpg that has 600 members, and want to make sure it don't lag.

--This isn't possible to answer but we'd recommend keeping an eye on your resource usage in the Virtuozzo Powerpanel. For more details how to do that just ask our 24/7 Support team.

Thanks,
Jay