Pre-sales questions

G

I have a couple of questions regarding your reseller plan (cpanel):

1. Do you have any servers with mysql5? My current host decided recently to upgrade from 4 to 5 and now I'm seeing I'm stuck with it...

2. Do you have tomcat in your servers?

Thanks

Dantares,

We do not offer this with our shared and reseller plans but if you purchase a VPS from us you can use Tomcat as well use MySQL if you want. As long as the control panel supports it you can use it. Please let us know if you have any further questions.

Do you have a Reseller plan now? We would also migrate your accounts as long as the control panel is the same and you have access to the accounts or better a backup.

-Jay

I didn't thought of a vps before, as it seems a bit overkill for my usage... I'd need a lot less than your vps m in terms of disk space. I could probably manage well with 3 gb of disk space and 60 gb of bandwidth. My main concern would be the memory, as I need cpanel and I read that anything lower than 256 would make it go to a crawl.

I'm also worried about my lack of experience in managing something like that... I wouldn't need much (cpanel, mail, fantastico, mysql, tomcat and php), but I'm not sure how hard it'd be to install/manage all of that. :/

The sites I have now are almost all phpbb-based, with a few joomla and e107, along with other scripts (like phpadsnew). They're not exactly intensive (the biggest one is a forum with around 500.000 page views in its best month, the others are considerably smaller), but I'm not sure how a low-end vps would handle'em...

Dantares,

Please drop an email to sales@knownhost.com with your VPS requirements and we will be move that happy to develop a custom VPS plan for you

All these things can be easily managed through cPanel/WHM, there should not be any problems at all except tomcat - tomcat is a huge resource hog and requires a lot of memory for its operations. In most cases we suggest to get VPS XL or VPS XXL if tomcat is required.

Thanks,
Paul