Pre-Sales Question

U

Unregistered

Hello all.

I am considering moving a site that I manage to a VPS at KnownHost. The site currently consists of three domain names, each with their own SSL certificate. I will shortly be adding two additional domains with two more SSL certs. The current setup for the sites is Apache/PHP/MySQL. However, my PHP setup is a bit screwy due to some extra libraries I use (XML, cURL, and PDFlib).

So... now to my questions...

Question 1... I assume I need multiple IPs for the multiple SSL certs. This is not a problem?
Question 2... Are Apache, PHP and MySQL installed by default on all VPS's? If so... does the standard PHP build include XML and cURL? (I have another option I'm going to try out for PDF functionality.)
Question 3... When I see "fully managed" in relation to the hosting, what exactly does that mean? Is it just the OS that's covered... or the OS and all software installed by default?
Question 4... Does the server configuration allow for remote access to the MySQL server... or local access only?

That's all the questions I can think of for now. I appreciate any help you can give me.

Wes

Hello Wes,

Thanks for your interest in KnownHost. Please see inline as I have answered your questions. Hope to see you signup.

Question 1... I assume I need multiple IPs for the multiple SSL certs. This is not a problem?

--For SSL's you need dedicated IP's.

Question 2... Are Apache, PHP and MySQL installed by default on all VPS's? If so... does the standard PHP build include XML and cURL? (I have another option I'm going to try out for PDF functionality.)

--Yes, Apache, PHP, and MySQL are all installed by default with all VPS's. The PHP XML module is not installed by default but upon request we will install it for you.

Question 3... When I see "fully managed" in relation to the hosting, what exactly does that mean? Is it just the OS that's covered... or the OS and all software installed by default?

--We list our Managed Service here. Please take a look. http://knownhost.com/support-coverage.html The OS we install we are responsible for updating but more details can be found at the link provided (varies per control panel).

Question 4... Does the server configuration allow for remote access to the MySQL server... or local access only?

--With all VPS's you can allow remote access. You can host unlimited databases and configure them as you please.

Thanks,
Joel