Pre. Sales Q. on VPS with no CP.

M

Mark_W

Good day,

I am interested in a VPS with just a minimal install of CentOS-5.1, with no control panel. (The minimal install should include yum and iptables, I believe.) And I will install and configure my own DNS, Web Server, etc.

The OS would indeed be CentOS-5.1?

Would I have full control of my iptables?

Would I need to add 'exclude=kernel*', or exclude anything else, to my '/etc/yum.repos.d/CentOS-Base.repo' file?

Will KH set up a Reverse PTR Record on request?

Thank you,
Mark W.

Good day,

I am interested in a VPS with just a minimal install of CentOS-5.1, with no control panel. (The minimal install should include yum and iptables, I believe.) And I will install and configure my own DNS, Web Server, etc.

The OS would indeed be CentOS-5.1?

Would I have full control of my iptables?

Would I need to add 'exclude=kernel*', or exclude anything else, to my '/etc/yum.repos.d/CentOS-Base.repo' file?

Will KH set up a Reverse PTR Record on request?

Thank you,
Mark W.

Hello Mark,

Thanks for your interest in KnownHost. Yes, the OS would be CentOS 5.1 and you definitely have full access to iptables since you have full root access. Kernel update can be excluded in yum but it doesn’t really matter as kernel won’t be loaded inside the VPS regardless or what kernel version is installed there.

PTR's of course we will do upon request. Just open a support ticket when your ready and we will set it for you. Hope this helps.

Regards,
Joel