Porting Client Email

leha

Hello:

I'm a soon-to-be new customer at KnownHost and I'm wondering about how I can transport a client's email from their existing host to my (soon-to-be) VPS. They are a small business with about 70 email addresses and they all seem to keep all of their email on the server at the host's site. I have access to their MySQL databases and regular files, but not sure how to get the mail. I know they provide legacy support for nutsmail and squirrelmail, and have gone over to a new proprietary webmail interface, as well. Is there a way to collect the mail from the other ISP and have it show up in all the same mailboxes on their domain here after I move the domain? Or should the mail be gotten first? Or...???

Thanks,

Leha

Hello:

I'm a soon-to-be new customer at KnownHost and I'm wondering about how I can transport a client's email from their existing host to my (soon-to-be) VPS. They are a small business with about 70 email addresses and they all seem to keep all of their email on the server at the host's site. I have access to their MySQL databases and regular files, but not sure how to get the mail. I know they provide legacy support for nutsmail and squirrelmail, and have gone over to a new proprietary webmail interface, as well. Is there a way to collect the mail from the other ISP and have it show up in all the same mailboxes on their domain here after I move the domain? Or should the mail be gotten first? Or...???

Thanks,

Leha

Leha,

If this is a custom control panel I guess it would be best to get in touch with that support team at the current host to find out where and in what format mailboxes are stored to see if content can be migrated over. That would be the best first step.

Thanks,
Joel