PLESK license key is invalid?

Discussion in 'Linux VPS - Plesk' started by Yevgen, May 22, 2013.

1. Yevgen

Yevgen New Member

Hi good people,
    I get an invalid license key message when I log in to my Plesk VPS:
    "Error: The license key is invalid. In order to use the control panel, please, obtain and install a new fully featured license key.
    Your license key has expired. To continue using your control panel, purchase a non-expiring commercial license."

I have asked KH support twice to do something about it and they tried to upgrade it, but each time after they do my domains become inaccessible and I quickly revert to the saved server backup as this is a live business server.

Has anybody encountered the same behavior?

I really need to setup another domain on my VPS and with Plesk locked I cannot move forward.
    I dread the thought of manually setting up dns and apache (never done it!) and would love to use Plesk interface for this.

Any advice?

Thank you!

2. KH-Jonathan

KH-Jonathan Director of Managed Services Staff Member

Yevgen,

If Plesk has been upgraded, then the license was upgraded for the new version of Plesk - so reverting to an old backup which would be an older version of Plesk would break the licensing as the licenses can't be downgraded. The only option is to upgrade - or migrate to a real control panel like cPanel and away from the leech known as Plesk.