Plesk 8.3

Knownhost techs:

Fumble, this is not an official support venue. Knownhost techs do not frequent this forum. Management does but if you really want a quick answer I would submit a ticket.

As a side note, I have upgraded to Plesk 8.3 and have not had any issues.

Regards,

Knownhost techs: Any reason NOT to upgrade to Plesk 8.3?

Thanks,
fumble

I came here to ask this same question...Maybe I will submit a ticket. I saw the tech doc on Plesk's site about what's new in 8.3, but I didn't really see anything that I thought I *needed*.

Fumble if you get a reply (from a ticket) I'm curious what they say. If I don't hear anything maybe I'll submit a ticket.

Thanks!

If you currently have Plesk 8.2, then it might be better to keep it for now. Plesk 8.3 won't deliver much functionality compared to 8.2 but will introduce at least two general problems - broken license update mechanism and half-working (or not working at all) watchdog service.

If you currently have Plesk 8.2, then it might be better to keep it for now. Plesk 8.3 won't deliver much functionality compared to 8.2 but will introduce at least two general problems - broken license update mechanism and half-working (or not working at all) watchdog service.

Good to know. I updated about 2 hours ago...

As a side note, I have upgraded to Plesk 8.3 and have not had any issues.

Uch, I apologize - I did experience what Paul described.

Why do we keep on getting Plesk updates without much functionality? Any word on Plesk 9?

@KnownHost-P: Thanks for the insight. I'm happy with 8.2, so I'll stick with it!

@ppc: Thank you for the clarification on the role of the forums. I knew it wasn't an official support venue but I wanted to pose the question here because: 1) I wasn't in a hurry for an answer and 2) Wanted others to benefit from the answer.

Thanks,
fumble