php 5.2 and 5.3 on one VPS

i have run into a problem. i have some sites that run php 5.2.x and some sites that run 5.3.x and need to run them on one VPS in a dual enviorment. i am currently doing this on my Hostgator VPS. is this possible on Known host VPS?

Vincent,

This is not something supported or recommended by cPanel, so unfortunately it's not something we support or recommend either.

Your best bet is to upgrade your scripts to be compatible with 5.3. 5.2.x is buggy and has security flaws anyway.

well there went my known host subscription.... i have about thirty sites that are not mine, and all i do is host them. im not going to ask my clients to upgrade there website when it will cost hundreds of dollars. i have one client that it would cost him over a 1000 bucks just to upgrade two components.

well known host it was good while it lasted

well there went my known host subscription.... i have about thirty sites that are not mine, and all i do is host them. im not going to ask my clients to upgrade there website when it will cost hundreds of dollars. i have one client that it would cost him over a 1000 bucks just to upgrade two components.

well known host it was good while it lasted

Vincent,

I hate for you to call it quits just like that. It would be unwise for me to not at least warn you of the risks of running PHP 5.2, both from a security and stability standpoint. Something for your clients to think about - how much would getting one of their sites hacked cost them? What about multiple? The upgrade is inevitable, and the longer it's delayed the more likely they are to face issues from running on outdated versions of PHP.

Now, with that in mind, I said it's unsupported and not recommended to run these alongside, not impossible. Here's a link to a cPanel forum post with some reasonably understandable guides on how to accomplish this: http://forums.cpanel.net/f5/php-5-2-5-3-side-side-252071.html

looks like ill be staying with KH. i was able to get all but to sites resolved. those site will stay on a HG hatchling package at hostgator.