Photo Upload Errors

MadMax

I am having troulne uploading photos for a slide show I am creating.

I have checked all my settings in vBulletin and they seem fine. It has been suggested that I change the following on my VPS:

Code:
upload_max_filesize = 5M

..and my.cnf (or my.ini for Windows systems)

set-variable=max_allowed_packet=5M

Where might I find this info?

I am having troulne uploading photos for a slide show I am creating.

I have checked all my settings in vBulletin and they seem fine. It has been suggested that I change the following on my VPS:

Code:
upload_max_filesize = 5M

..and my.cnf (or my.ini for Windows systems)

set-variable=max_allowed_packet=5M

Where might I find this info?

upload_max_filesize = 5M should be in php.ini - log in via shell, execute command updatedb (which will refresh the file listings) then after the db update has finised type in locate php.ini

You might have a few of them on your system, so you'll need to work out which one is the live one. Do a search on how to create a phpinfo.php file, that will list all your php variables (including location of your php.ini file)

my.cnf is probably in /root/.my.cnf (it is a hidden file on my system - that is what the fullstop is at the front of it) - this is where the settings for mysql are stored.

After changing the files you'll need to restart mysql and apache.

Pete

Thanks Pete. I kept getting db errors and submitted a ticket a few hours ago which is now fixed. I will use you post to see what they changed so I do not bother the help desk next time.

Dana

Quick update. Rather than telling me how, support just fixed it. I can not say how much this stuff means to a new webmaster-in-training. I have not seen one db error since this was corrected.

Thanks!