Odd Issue Loading Site

jealbr

I'm hosting a site on my VPS and came across an odd issue with it.

While trying to view the site on my phone (Galaxy S6) using verizon 4g/3g is times out with "err name not resolved". However when I switch to wifi it loads fine. Initially I thought it was my data doing it, however I connected my laptop through it by hotspot and the page loads fine accessing it with 4g that way.

So the mobile browser will load it and so will my 4g, just not when I use both together on my phone (and yes I've tried several other mobile browsers and none work with the 4g either). I've searched the net for an answer, but have been unable to find one.

Any thoughts on this?

Hi jealbr and welcome to KH!

Sounds like a DNS issue to me. Is it a brand new domain or one that was just moved?

It was moved friday,and worked shortly after. However Saturday the issue showed up. It's only happening you use both 4g and mobile browsers. I haven't tested this on tablets to see if it's the same or not.

gettruegritfit.com

I don't see any DNS problems on your domain, but this is definitely a DNS issue. Sounds like your mobile data provider's DNS servers aren't serving you good records.

I did a DNS propagation check and a lot of US based services failed.... Verizon was one of them. Is there anything I can do to resolve this?

@KH-Jonathan confirmed your DNS looks good so no there's nothing you can do but wait for their servers to propagate. Some (especially larger companies) take longer than others.

Whilte your domain's DNS zone looks good there is still a bit of a problem with "A" records for your ns1/ns2 nameserver names - nameservers themselves are registered with the correct IPs however parent zone for your nameservers is not hosted inside your VPS but is hosted with GoDaddy and GoDaddy returns wrong "A" records for your namesever names:

Code:
# dig +trace NS1.STRIKE-FORCE.NET | tail -9
STRIKE-FORCE.NET.       172800  IN      NS      ns53.domaincontrol.com.
STRIKE-FORCE.NET.       172800  IN      NS      ns54.domaincontrol.com.
;; Received 125 bytes from 192.31.80.30#53(192.31.80.30) in 129 ms

NS1.STRIKE-FORCE.NET.   600     IN      A       50.63.202.2
STRIKE-FORCE.NET.       3600    IN      NS      ns54.domaincontrol.com.
STRIKE-FORCE.NET.       3600    IN      NS      ns53.domaincontrol.com.
;; Received 109 bytes from 216.69.185.27#53(216.69.185.27) in 55 ms

and

Code:
# dig +trace NS2.STRIKE-FORCE.NET | tail -9
STRIKE-FORCE.NET.       172800  IN      NS      ns53.domaincontrol.com.
STRIKE-FORCE.NET.       172800  IN      NS      ns54.domaincontrol.com.
;; Received 125 bytes from 192.12.94.30#53(192.12.94.30) in 185 ms

NS2.STRIKE-FORCE.NET.   600     IN      A       50.63.202.2
STRIKE-FORCE.NET.       3600    IN      NS      ns54.domaincontrol.com.
STRIKE-FORCE.NET.       3600    IN      NS      ns53.domaincontrol.com.
;; Received 109 bytes from 208.109.255.27#53(208.109.255.27) in 73 ms

You either need to correct DNS zone on ns53/ns54.domaincontrol.com nameservers to point these names to your VPS IPs or to switch the whole strike-force.net domain to ns1/ns2.strike-force.net nameservers so DNS for this zone / nameserver names can be handled by your VPS.

@KH-Paul I had forwarded that domain through the control there to another site and Godaddy defaulted the nameservers to theirs. I have corrected the nameservers. Would it be ok to setup a forward for that domain under my WHM?

Everything looks great with your domain now.
Yes, you can definitely setup forwarding in any way you like. Our Support team will be happy to assist if you need any help with your VPS and/or domains configuration.