No more non SSD managed VPS email what does this mean for me?

SonicGT

Currently I have what I guess as called the VPS-2 plan and I got the email about now only having managed SSD vps plans, what does this mean for my account, I see that the prices for the MVPS-2 (which I can't remember my specs as to if that is the comperable one) appear to be higher then I am currently paying for the SSD plans, am I going to be forced to upgrade?

Currently I have what I guess as called the VPS-2 plan and I got the email about now only having managed SSD vps plans, what does this mean for my account, I see that the prices for the MVPS-2 (which I can't remember my specs as to if that is the comperable one) appear to be higher then I am currently paying for the SSD plans, am I going to be forced to upgrade?
@SonicGT thanks for reaching out to us.

You won't be forced to upgrade, all existing services are considered legacy but your specifications and price will not change. You can of course choose to upgrade to if you need more resources but we won't force you to do so.

Thanks for being a KH customer!

I also have a VPS-2 plan, which one do we get now?

And... we need to contact support to schedule a migration?

Thanks

@SonicGT thanks for reaching out to us.

You won't be forced to upgrade, all existing services are considered legacy but your specifications and price will not change. You can of course choose to upgrade to if you need more resources but we won't force you to do so.

Thanks for being a KH customer!

Can you kindly clarify. I am on VPS-1 with lifetime discount. When I applied for this VPS early this year, I was originally intending to use it until CentOS 7 end of life which is 7 years away. You mentioned specifications and price will not change, so in other words, if I opt to stay with this legacy service, I won't have any specs upgrade for the next 7 years?

@Yagami That is correct, the plan you buy is the plan you keep until you change services. However, KH does often add memory and other upgrades to even legacy servers, so don't be surprised if your specs increase.

As a followup to the above...

From Christmas 2017 onward there has been a steady stream of new plans released, all managed.

Particularly of note is the fact that there are cloud KVM plans, at the higher price points, though still less than dedicated, as well as application hosting, shared cloud and reseller cloud, which are at the extreme low end of the price points.

The best thing for anyone unsure of what plans meet their needs, is to simply contact sales support who can review your needs and make recommendations. We're not afraid to recommend a less costly option, when it will suffice!