NJ Data Center

Skyview

Hi, I noticed you now offer NJ as an option for data centers and was wondering if you could provide another IP for test. It appears that the one on the network page is the same as the one for the CA data center. Also looks like the NJ option on the order page is not working.

Particularly for those on the East Coast will there be an option to transfer to the NJ data center?

Hello,

We are soon launching New Jersey based VPS's. The test IP will be on the site soon.

As for migrating, if a customer wants to they can order a new VPS, migrate the data, cancel the old VPS. There is no other way to do this as IP changes are unavoidable, etc. Hope this helps.

Thanks,
Joel

OK. Thanks Joel. That answers my questions. I didn't realize they weren't for sale yet. Guessing it would still be pretty painless of a process though, since both would be cpanel based and could do a full account backup and just restore it to the new account through WHM. Have done that once or twice and it seemed to work fine.

Just wanted to check on this but if I were to open new VPS accounts in the NJ datacenter and then close out the TX accounts after they are transferred, would I be able to get the 15% discount that is currently being offered? I have some of the older discounts currently applied to my TX VPS accounts so it would be nice to be able to maintain that more or less.

Just wanted to check on this but if I were to open new VPS accounts in the NJ datacenter and then close out the TX accounts after they are transferred, would I be able to get the 15% discount that is currently being offered? I have some of the older discounts currently applied to my TX VPS accounts so it would be nice to be able to maintain that more or less.[Broken External Image]:http://www.1-imageshack.us/images/images/45.gif
Possibly maybe submit a ticket and ask.

Just wanted to check on this but if I were to open new VPS accounts in the NJ datacenter and then close out the TX accounts after they are transferred, would I be able to get the 15% discount that is currently being offered? I have some of the older discounts currently applied to my TX VPS accounts so it would be nice to be able to maintain that more or less.

Yes, we'd honor that for you. :)

Yes, we'd honor that for you. :)

Thanks Joel. Would it be best to just submit a support ticket or sales request to take care of this vs. going through the actual order wizard? Would KH be able to just setup the two new VS3 accounts in the NJ data center and transfer both accounts over for me? Not sure of all the places where I might need to change IP addresses, etc.