Newbie signup question

umn

Hi,

I am trying to signup for an account but I am little confused. I will be really thankful if someone here can help me out.

I have a domain in my namecheap account which I want to use as primary domain for signing up for a VPS hosting plan with KnownHost.

Now, in the first step of the signup process, I put the domain name, then I continue till the signup process is complete? What changes then do I need to make in the nameserver settings of this domain in my Namecheap account?

Also, since the domain was already set with another nameserver, will this complete process take more time than registering an all new domain with KnownHost during signup?

Please advise.

Best regards,
umn

Hello,

You would want to select the third option while ordering since you already own the domain. You then just change the nameservers once all your data is on the new hosting account. Hope this helps.

Regards,
Joel

Hi Joel,

That was fast and thank your for the reply.

So, I choose the 3rd option, put the domain name, complete the signup process?

Will my VPS hosting account start functioning rightaway?

And after that, to which nameservers should I point the domain to?

Sorry for asking such simple questions, but I am all new to the VPS environment, that's why.

Best regards,
umn

Hi Joel,

That was fast and thank your for the reply.

So, I choose the 3rd option, put the domain name, complete the signup process?

Will my VPS hosting account start functioning rightaway?

And after that, to which nameservers should I point the domain to?

Sorry for asking such simple questions, but I am all new to the VPS environment, that's why.

Best regards,
umn

Just select the third option and enter your domain name. Your logins will be sent within an hour or so. Then if questions arise just open a ticket with our 24/7 support team and they will assist you. Hope this is helpful.

Thanks Joel, that really helped.

Okay, I will go ahead and signup. Looking forward to a great hosting experience.

Cheers,
umn

Hi Joel, one more doubt to be cleared.

I have read the tutorial on which data center to choose available here forums.knownhost.com/showthread.php?t=899

Based on that, I ping both the IP's given there and I got like 130ms for Texas and 105ms for california.

Does that mean I should choose the California datacenter? Will it make a difference if I choose Texas datacenter?

PS: I am from India and most of my visitors are from India too.

Thanks for the great support.

Best regards,
umn

Hi Joel, one more doubt to be cleared.

I have read the tutorial on which data center to choose available here forums.knownhost.com/showthread.php?t=899

Based on that, I ping both the IP's given there and I got like 130ms for Texas and 105ms for california.

Does that mean I should choose the California datacenter? Will it make a difference if I choose Texas datacenter?

PS: I am from India and most of my visitors are from India too.

Thanks for the great support.

Best regards,
umn

Yes, based on those ping times and where your traffic comes from we'd recommend California. Hope this helps.

Regards,
Joel