Newbie questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

riversr54

I've just started working with a gentleman who owns a domain name that was hosted on KnownHost. Due to a previous employee leaving, we now have little or no knowledge of how things were setup and how to gain access to our server on KnownHost. We have managed to obtain a 'root' password and an account and password. I assume that the account/password is for gaining access to services on the KnownHost web site but it does not work. I am new to the world of VPS so I'm not sure how to gain access to our server. I assume there must be an IP address that I use to access the server and get logged in to the cPanel. I DON'T have an IP address so I seem to be stuck. The person who owns the account(which I'm working with) is not computer literate so he is not much help. Can anyone provide me with any information, i.e. a user's manual, anything that will help me get started.

We have a support ticket logged with KnownHost but haven't been able to get the info we need for accessing our VPS. Any guidance/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

riversr54

I've just started working with a gentleman who owns a domain name that was hosted on KnownHost. Due to a previous employee leaving, we now have little or no knowledge of how things were setup and how to gain access to our server on KnownHost. We have managed to obtain a 'root' password and an account and password. I assume that the account/password is for gaining access to services on the KnownHost web site but it does not work. I am new to the world of VPS so I'm not sure how to gain access to our server. I assume there must be an IP address that I use to access the server and get logged in to the cPanel. I DON'T have an IP address so I seem to be stuck. The person who owns the account(which I'm working with) is not computer literate so he is not much help. Can anyone provide me with any information, i.e. a user's manual, anything that will help me get started.

We have a support ticket logged with KnownHost but haven't been able to get the info we need for accessing our VPS. Any guidance/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

riversr54

Hello,

Your best approach would be to reply to the support ticket you mentioned was already opened and say "I need the cPanel logins to this account" and provide the IP and root password. Please note there could be more then one cPanel account on a VPS since you can host unlimited cPanel accounts so please give the specific domain name of the cPanel account your trying to access. They should be able to assist you from there. Have a nice weekend.

Regards,
Joel

Thanks for suggestion

Thanks for the suggestion... I have replied to the support ticket but have yet to hear back from them ... no response at all. I guess I have to wait :)

Thanks for the suggestion... I have replied to the support ticket but have yet to hear back from them ... no response at all. I guess I have to wait :)

Our Support team doesn't ignore ticket replies so that sounds strange. Average response times of 15-20 minutes consistently for several years and counting. Let me know the ticket number and I will take a look...

Btw, is this Rodney? If so, you definitely got a reply and so did Patrick within a few minutes of your reply yesterday. Please confirm and I will send the reply again. This forum isn't used for support so please keep all responses via that ticket.

Thanks,
Joel

Support Request

Thanks for taking a look at it.

Here's the email that I sent to support yesterday at 12:40 CDT. Ticket: 120147

Hello:

My name is Rodney xxxxx. I am working with Pat ?????Together we are trying to gain access to the VPS that he purchased from KnownHost.com. As you can see below, Pat has been able to acquire the account and password information but neither he nor I know how to use this information to gain access to the VPS. Can you please provide us with instructions on how to gain access to the server. Is there a web page link, an ip address or some other way that we must use?

We have been trying for several days to gain access without any luck. Please respond as soon as possible so that we can get our web site up and running.

Regards,

Thanks for taking a look at it.

Here's the email that I sent to support yesterday at 12:40 CDT. Ticket: 120147

Hello:

My name is Rodney xxxxx. I am working with Pat ?????Together we are trying to gain access to the VPS that he purchased from KnownHost.com. As you can see below, Pat has been able to acquire the account and password information but neither he nor I know how to use this information to gain access to the VPS. Can you please provide us with instructions on how to gain access to the server. Is there a web page link, an ip address or some other way that we must use?

We have been trying for several days to gain access without any luck. Please respond as soon as possible so that we can get our web site up and running.

Regards,

I resent your full welcome email which we sent yesterday as well. Your logins are all in that email including root access as well as your cPanel logins. If you don't know what to do with those logins let Support know via the Support ticket and explain what issues your having. They'd be happy to assist you.

Did That

Yes, we received the email yesterday with root and account passwords, but our problem is that we are not sure how to access the server. I've tried using the login info at "Client Login" on the knowhost web page and tried to log a support case but the password proviced didn't work at either location. My employer managed to get a support ticket opened somehow, which eventually got us passwords, but we don't know how/where to go to use that info to login.

As you can see in my previous post, I sent an email to support yesterday asking for help with that, but have yet to hear back from them.

Hopefully we will hear from them soon.

riversr54

Yes, we received the email yesterday with root and account passwords, but our problem is that we are not sure how to access the server. I've tried using the login info at "Client Login" on the knowhost web page and tried to log a support case but the password proviced didn't work at either location. My employer managed to get a support ticket opened somehow, which eventually got us passwords, but we don't know how/where to go to use that info to login.

As you can see in my previous post, I sent an email to support yesterday asking for help with that, but have yet to hear back from them.

Hopefully we will hear from them soon.

riversr54

There are no tickets unreplied to. If there are is please provide a ticket number as I see the ticket and Sandra did reply to you about your question about using the "Client login" from our website. Client login has nothing to do with accessing your hosting account. It's where Patrick logs in to pay bills which you are not authorized to access. He's the only one. As for support.knownhost.com again that has nothing to do with accessing your hosting account. That's for support tickets for clients wanting to open a ticket from there primary email address which Patrick has only. Sorry but you need to reply to the support ticket for help logging into your hosting account. The Client Login and Support Portal is for Patrick only as he's the only one authorized for it. I am closing this thread as I've explained everything possible regarding your support question Sandra replied to you yesterday

Closed Thread: Newbie Questions

KH-Joel:

I included the Ticket number in one of my last replies. I sent an email to Support referencing that Ticket number, what else can I do?

Rodney

KH-Joel:

I included the Ticket number in one of my last replies. I sent an email to Support referencing that Ticket number, what else can I do?

Rodney

Our forum is not for support so please don't reply again on the forum. Our Support team is around 24/7 and they replied to every email you sent. If you don't see the reply then it's something with your email client. Please reply to the ticket you opened yesterday if you need further assistance as our forum isn't monitored by Support and I'm in Sales so this isn't really what I do as part of my day to day job. Here is the reply from Sandra to your last reply to us. Your last reply to us was at Posted on: Jul/08/2010 04:47 PM.

Posted on: Jul/08/2010 05:56 PM
Rodney,

Are you not able to login to your billing and support area? If so you can reset billing area password by clicking on the "Forgot your password?" link at https://billing.knownhost.com/. By doing so your support area login details will also get reset to this new one.

Also are you telling that you are not able to login to the cpanel of your domain xxxxx.com using the username "xxxxx". If you don't remember the cpanel password of the domain, you can reset it after login to WHM:

To access cPanel WHM go to:
http://207.7.xxx.xxx:2086/
Username: root
Password: xxxxxxx

Then go to WHM >> Account Functions >> Password Modification. Here you can reset domain's password.

Thanks,
Sandra
KnownHost support

One More Time

KH-Joel:

If you will notice my original post, I did not ask for specific technical support but for general information as a new user, i.e. concepts on how to use the VPS server. You pushed this conversation to specific support details. If you are not the right person to provide me with that type information, please let someone who is willing do so by not closing my post.

I hope this is not the attitude of everyone at KnownHost.

Regards!

KH-Joel:

If you will notice my original post, I did not ask for specific technical support but for general information as a new user, i.e. concepts on how to use the VPS server. You pushed this conversation to specific support details. If you are not the right person to provide me with that type information, please let someone who is willing do so by not closing my post.

I hope this is not the attitude of everyone at KnownHost.

Regards!

Hello,

Please open a support ticket and they can assist you. It seems you don't want to follow our policies which I'd recommend doing as our forum isn't for support and will only further delay everything for you. Nobody from support will be coming to this forum so if you need assistance email support(at)knownhost.com and be specific and they can help you. I've gone out of my way to reply to assist you but it seems your posts are saying different things each time with what your trying to accomplish. We don't have a user guide for how to use cPanel but there are tons of how-to's online you can find thru a simple google search. You first said logging into the client portal didn't work then support and I addressed both of them. What your asking is technical as you said you can't access your VPS. For help with those types of issues please direct questions to the Support department. That's why they are here. I am closing this thread as it's only delaying the help you need. I had Justin email you and Patrick thru the Support ticket a few minutes ago for the second time today so any questions reply to that email.

Thanks,
Joel

Status
Not open for further replies.