New user Help Please

Discussion in 'Linux VPS/Dedicated - cPanel' started by Smoothice, Sep 16, 2007.

1. Smoothice

Smoothice New Member

I am a completely new user here. I moved from a shared hosting enviroment that used cPanel. Now I have been able to get my main site up and running by tinkering in WHM.

I have not been able to get a few things working and wondering if anyone here has some advise or good tutorials that I could ready up on. for some reason when I punch in ftp.domainname.com it is still pointing and trying to login to my old server. domainname.com does point to the new one for me. Also it seems that I am not getting mail either. Not sure if this is due to the same problem of trying to goto the old server.

Basically what I am looking for is a tutorial or some advise on getting a complete setup. I have googled but didn't seem to find anything really useful.

Any help here would be appreciated as i have a only half working site right now.

Smoothice

2. Mashahood

Mashahood VPS Ltx User

You may have not changed your DNS Settings to this New server, Please check them

3. magic

magic New Member

you are having dns setup problems
    put in a support ticket and they will fix it up for you