New dedicated server questions

Livestate

Hey guys,

I currently have a VPS with you and have no issues with the service over the year I've hosted with KH. I've chatted with Sales before about upgrading to a dedicated server and was going to start the process this coming Friday(Aust time).

A few questions came up that I havent thought through as yet, just wondering if you can give me some feedback here.

1. I will be using the server to resell shared hosting. As per the VPS, can I host unlimited domains?

2. I want to offer clients reseller access, their own WHM...does the dedicated server WHM licence afford me this option? Can I offer WHM for use to my clients? And just to clarify, this is not a VPS that I'm offering but the option for them to host multiple accounts from the one account via WHM/cPanel.

3. Can I expect faster response times from the server? Is a dedicated server going to improve performance overall?

On a side note, I'd like to offer VPS to my clients at a later date, but it seems that the only method of doing this would have a client place a VPS order with me, and I would place an order with KH. Is there any API or integrated method that I'm missing that could achieve this faster?

Thanks in advance.

Mark

Hey guys,

I currently have a VPS with you and have no issues with the service over the year I've hosted with KH. I've chatted with Sales before about upgrading to a dedicated server and was going to start the process this coming Friday(Aust time).

A few questions came up that I havent thought through as yet, just wondering if you can give me some feedback here.

1. I will be using the server to resell shared hosting. As per the VPS, can I host unlimited domains?

2. I want to offer clients reseller access, their own WHM...does the dedicated server WHM licence afford me this option? Can I offer WHM for use to my clients? And just to clarify, this is not a VPS that I'm offering but the option for them to host multiple accounts from the one account via WHM/cPanel.

3. Can I expect faster response times from the server? Is a dedicated server going to improve performance overall?

On a side note, I'd like to offer VPS to my clients at a later date, but it seems that the only method of doing this would have a client place a VPS order with me, and I would place an order with KH. Is there any API or integrated method that I'm missing that could achieve this faster?

Thanks in advance.

Mark

Hello Mark,

Please see below as I've answered each of your questions. Hope this helps.

--Yes, you can host unlimited domains.

--Yes, you can create unlimited WHM (Reseller) accounts as well as cPanel (Shared) accounts.

--Yes, it should as you will have a server to yourself along with all the CPU to yourself.

--Currently you'd need to order from us each time they order. We are fast as doing this and it works quite well and cuts back any sort of mistakes since we personally process the orders and setup them up accordingly. Overall, the experience should be impressive.

Thanks,
Joel

Thanks for getting back to me on that Joel. I'll go ahead and place the order on Friday. Lastly, will it be any issue to have the primary domain assigned to a dedicated IP, and one of the other Ips setup as the primary shared IP?

Thanks again,

Mark

Mark,

That should be fine. Our Support team can assist you with all the fine details when your ready for IP assignment, etc. Hope this helps.

Thanks,
Joel