Need help with Mod Security false positive

Nalco

I am getting the following error when trying to login to Wordpress:

Error 403

We're sorry, but we could not fulfill your request for /wp-login.php on this server.

Your Internet Protocol address is listed on a blacklist of addresses involved in malicious or illegal activity. See the listing below for more details on specific blacklists and removal procedures.

Your technical support key is: 43a9-d148-1366-73cd

You can use this key to fix this problem yourself.

If you are unable to fix the problem yourself, please contact admin at domain.com and be sure to provide the technical support key shown above.

The question I have, is how to remove my IP from the blacklist. I have searched numerous files, but cant find the IP to remove it anywhere.

This is totally out of the blue. I'm not sure what happened, as I have been able to access everything fine for over a month no problem.

Any ideas?? I am pulling my hair out over this one.

Thanks!

Well, after posting, I tried some different keywords into google, and found out that my problem didn't have anything to do with Mod Security at all.

Turns out a plugin called Bad Behavior was causing my problem. Quite a few people found themselves locked out of Wordpress because of this.

To fix it, all I had to was upgrade to to the latest version.

The plugin authors explanation is here:

http://www.bad-behavior.ioerror.us/2007/12/06/bad-behavior-2011/

Of course I figured this all out about two seconds after posting the above message.

Thanks!