Need a little help

tom452

I am considering purchasing one of the Managed VPS options and would appreciate your answers and advice.

I have CS-CART store with about 500 items and growing. Not many hits yet :).

I would like to know witch one would be good for me?
Managed VPS Hosting packages
VPS-1 or VPS-2

Managed SSD VPS packages

SSD-1 or SSD-2

I'm located in NYC.

Thank you
Tom

Hello Tom,

Since you have a growing site, I'd recommend either the VPS-2 or SSD-1 package so you'll have 1GB of RAM. With only 512MB, you don't have much flexibility as far as number of hits you can receive before the server will start running out of RAM as cPanel and the OS consume much of 512MB.

Let me know if you have any more questions. We look forward to seeing you sign up with KnownHost :)

Hey,

People mentioned that you have to do your own security set up, is this correct?

Does KH handle all security and updates?

Thanks

Tom,

Our VPS's initially come hardened with the standard patches and features. Automatic updates are provided for most pieces of software, however things such as MySQL, PHP, Apache would need to be upgraded by your request as changing PHP versions might break your site so we would need you to open a ticket requesting an update to those services.

There are additional security features which we can install but are not default such as mod_security, suoshin but those items may impact your site and would require a custom management on your part should the rules cause issues with your site.

Thanks for thinking of KH!