My outgoing email goes to bulk or junk folder.

joeyluu

Hi,
I send a test email to my yahoo, gmail, hotmail, and aol email account from Outlook Express.
The email on gmail goes to inbox, but the other 3 marks it spam and was in the bulk/junk folder.

I have setup SPF and reverse DNS records.
I have ran dnsstuff and got 1 failure and 1 warning.
Code:
Failure: [COLOR=BLACK]Single Point of Failure[/COLOR]
ERROR: Although you have at least 2 NS records, they both point to the same server, resulting in a single point of failure. You are required to have at least 2 nameservers per RFC 1035 section 2.2.

Warning: Nameservers on separate class C's
WARNING: All of your nameservers (listed at the parent nameservers) are in the same Class C (technically, /24) address space, which means that they are probably at the same physical location. Your nameservers should be at geographically dispersed locations. You should not have all of your nameservers at the same location. RFC2182 3.1 goes into more detail about secondary nameserver location.
Any suggestion on how I can make it go to the inbox instead of the bulk/junk folder? Or is there something else that I forgot to do?

I have the same problem. wathing this topic:confused:

I remember some where out there I saw some solutions but can't remember where

I agree hotmail causes lots of headaches, but still we can't just say it is their fault.

My customers could/can send e-mail to hotmail with their old/other hosting accounts. I can send e-mail to yahoo and gmail just fine, only problem is hotmail. If anyone can send e-mail to hotmail, I would like to hear how they achieved this.

I am about to get a new VPS for just email testing. Millions of people have hotmail emails, I can't just ignore them. 40% of our visitors have hotmail e-mails. That means losing half of them due to this issue.

I agree hotmail causes lots of headaches, but still we can't just say it is their fault.

We can say that because it's true. They have an appeals process to get off their blacklist but I've never heard of anyone having any luck with that whatsoever. You could be the first.

Darn right we can say that!!! They're the only people blocking their users from receiving legitimate e-mails. AOL was much in the same boat for a while.

Whose fault is it if it's not theirs?

The MSN mailer daemon is, shall we say, "special". Even with approved senders the success rate is not that good, and forget about trying to send an attachment. There is no real reason why anybody should use such a broken system.