MVPS2 or Cloud 2 Advice

peregrine

I have about 10 sites on my VPS2 server. None are big high traffic sites. Bandwidth is minimal – using 1.8GB of 2.5GB Memory - disk space using 28GB of 80GB

I am looking for the best option to host a wordpress site for a client that has a lot of traffic and occasional spike in traffic.
It has too much traffic for the KnownHost managed WordPress options.
My main concern is that it run smoothly when the traffic spikes. This would be only for 2-3 hours 2-3 times a year. The last event showed 110,000 hits per hour for one of those hours.
The site gets 300,000 visits per month and uses up to 235GB bandwidth in a month | average past 6 months 194GB – needs minimal storage space.
Options:
MVPS just for that site - MVPS1 or MVPS2?
Upgrade my VPS2 server to MVPS2 and put it there
Upgrade my VPS2 server to Cloud 2 and put it there
Other?

Your situation sounds like a perfect use-case for CloudLinux on the Cloud plans. You could keep all sites on the same server and use CloudLinux to divvy up resources as you see fit to keep each individual site localized and its resources separate from the rest.

I'd say go for the Cloud-2 with CloudLinux and with properly configured LVE limits you can keep everything running like a dream :)

Thank you for that information. I am not familiar with CloudLinux. I have Direct Admin now. What would be different? Would your support team configure CloudLinux for me? I do not want to get into something I do not understand well enough to handle properly.

Thank you for that information. I am not familiar with CloudLinux. I have Direct Admin now. What would be different? Would your support team configure CloudLinux for me? I do not want to get into something I do not understand well enough to handle properly.

Ah, I was under the assumption you're working with cPanel. I'd recommend moving to cPanel.

CloudLinux is an addon that sits on top of CentOS and gives the kernel and OS the ability to limit individual cPanel accounts by CPU, RAM, Disk I/O, and even throughput. We'd be happy to help you configure it to fit your needs but it's really just a matter of installing it (which we'd do) and then setting the limits as you see fit, essentially designing your plans if you will.

Does that make sense? It sounds complex but it's really quite simple. You get a nice point and click interface to control it all with :)