Move complete

Discussion in 'Linux VPS/Dedicated - General' started by doulos, Sep 2, 2013.

1. doulos

doulos Member

After months of discouragement at HG and a recommendation from another former HG customer, I finally moved my VPS to KH. Very happy so far. Speed and reliability at least equal to what HG used to be. Extremely happy with the support responses I have received so far. Will definitely recommend KH.

Naushad likes this.
  2. Dave G

Dave G Member

Welcome to KH nice to see another HG transplant I know you will be happy here.

Naushad likes this.
  3. doulos

doulos Member

Pretty sure I got referred to KH by you via PM at HG. Thanks

4. Dave G

Dave G Member

Yes you did ;)

5. Naushad

Naushad Member

I am moving in too. Thanks to Dave G. but before I do, I must take good back up of my accounts back in HG. Can you tell a considerable difference between simple managed vps and SSD managed VPS, please?

6. Dave G

Dave G Member

Welcome

SSD verses NON-SSD if you look around there are several people who have switched there non-ssd to a ssd box and are very happy they are also reporting a little more speed. the main differences I can see are

SSD-2 $50.00

2048MB Guaranteed RAM
    30GB RAID10 SSD Storage
    2x Priority 24 CPU Cores
    3000GB Premium Bandwidth

VPS-3 $45.00
    1536MB Guaranteed RAM
    65GB RAID-10 Disk Space
    2x Priority 8+ CPUs
    3500GB Premium Bandwidth

If your not happy with one you can always switch to something else one of the nice things about being here at KH

7. Naushad

Naushad Member

SSD has 30 GB storage which is not suitable for me. I need more and therefore, will have to keep myself off form it for now. VPS 2 or 3 is rather better for me at this stage.

8. Dave G

Dave G Member

9. Naushad

Naushad Member

Yes, I am aware of them. In fact, I am going for vps 2 from my vps at HG. Sooner I will be shifting all my other accounts on Reseller there, to my vps here.

10. Naushad

Naushad Member

Which one is better Fantastico or Softaculous? I heard Softaculous has WHMCS preinstalled but what about license?

11. KH-Jonathan

KH-Jonathan Director of Managed Services Staff Member

Softaculous > Fantastico every time. Softaculous to my knowledge does not have WHMCS available for install in it.

12. Naushad

Naushad Member

it is in the list of billing and client management scripts. I saw that on their website.

13. KH-Jonathan

KH-Jonathan Director of Managed Services Staff Member

14. Naushad

Naushad Member

it must be an unlicensed or probably some kind of demo version. not sure.

15. LaptopFreak

LaptopFreak Member

Softaculous will install it for you but you will need to enter the license key for it to work.