More Space and Ram, etc

gameutopia

Not sure if you have any plans...probably not, but it would be nice to have more storage space for vps and above as well as more ram, especially with whm/cpanel. I can't speak for the other control panels, but between the linux os and whm/cpanel 11 it takes a big portion of your package alone. It's got to be at or above 1 gb maybe more. Or at least it would be nice to point that out to new users/potential new signups, how much it can possibly consume.

Whm/cpanel chews up the ram too. The 128 ram package would be pushing this without tweaking and optimizing.

Don't get me wrong uptime and speed has been outstanding. Haven't really had to deal with support yet, which is probably a good thing.

Just wish packages were a little bigger or more ram and space was a little cheaper.

On another note, it would be nice if there were some setup guides for all types of accounts offered here.

And if I could actually subscribe to the thread that I post with email notification would actually work that would be nice, instead of having to check back and hope I can find my post.

gameutopia

Not sure if you have any plans...probably not, but it would be nice to have more storage space for vps and above as well as more ram, especially with whm/cpanel. I can't speak for the other control panels, but between the linux os and whm/cpanel 11 it takes a big portion of your package alone. It's got to be at or above 1 gb maybe more. Or at least it would be nice to point that out to new users/potential new signups, how much it can possibly consume.

Whm/cpanel chews up the ram too. The 128 ram package would be pushing this without tweaking and optimizing.

Don't get me wrong uptime and speed has been outstanding. Haven't really had to deal with support yet, which is probably a good thing.

Just wish packages were a little bigger or more ram and space was a little cheaper.

On another note, it would be nice if there were some setup guides for all types of accounts offered here.

And if I could actually subscribe to the thread that I post with email notification would actually work that would be nice, instead of having to check back and hope I can find my post.

gameutopia

Hello gameutopia,

Thanks for the suggestions. We do currently have a la carte addon's which allow customers to customize their packages. Do you mean lower these upgrade fee's? We have added a +384 option per customers requests which seems to have been working well. As for disk space, we have been asked to add another disk space option but this is a bit more complicated then RAM. We don't want to jeopardize other customers and with disk space if we don't carefully think this one out we could at the end mess things up. I can say we are discussing this though. Again, thanks for the suggestions.

The setup guides do you mean if you get a cPanel VPS here is what you do first, if you get a Plesk VPS here is what you do first, etc, etc? We do plan to make things easier with such things as time permits so any detail would be appreciated. Have a nice weekend.

Joel

Three ways to accomplish that:

1. Set it up in your user options that the "Default Thread Subscription Mode:" is "instant email notification".

2. When your replying(not a quick reply) to a thread or creating a brand new thread under the text box is "Additional Options" and their you can select under "Notification Type:" "Instant email notification."

3. See a thread you like - click on it and on the top under thread tools click "Subscribe to this thread."

Regards,

The setup guides do you mean if you get a cPanel VPS here is what you do first, if you get a Plesk VPS here is what you do first, etc, etc? We do plan to make things easier with such things as time permits so any detail would be appreciated. Have a nice weekend.

Joel

As I've suggested before, you guys need to add a Tutorial's catagory for the forums, make this a real community! It would save you guys alot of time and effort creating tutorials as more expierenced customers are likely to post things. I was a little suprised you didn't have this catagory anyway when I first came on here!

Neil

I was just kind of unaware how much space the os and control panel actually takes up. I mean I know it would take some, and I know an exact number is almost impossible but it would be nice to see direct admin will take aprox. xxx-xxx mb's or gb's or whatever, plesk takes xxx-xxx space, and same for whm/cpanel, which will reduce your actual amount of space to your particular package by the above mentioned.

Same goes for how much ram on average might be needed just to run the particualar control panel. I've heard direct admin doesn't take nearly as much as cpanel, I'm not sure about plesk. I've even seen some other hosts wont even give cpanel as an option unless they have at least 256mb ram package or above.

Some kind of guidance or tutorial for vps/hybrid packages would be nice since there is a little more a person can mess up, and they can be much harder to fix for the inexperienced. Some simple do's and don't do's would be a nice. Or if there is some absolutely's or something.

I've also been browsing other forums and help pages, some of which people seem to agree on and some contradict one another so I'm sitting here scratching my head going ok which one should I believe or go with.

As for subscribing to the threads. I always choose instant email notification when starting a new thread or replying to one, but for some reason I don't get any email notification. I've checked my email address and everything seems good. I just set the default thread subscription to instant notification, rather than selecting this manually at the bottom of a post so I'll see if this does the trick.

Thank you.
gameutopia