Monitoring VPS usage

yuyumonk

Is there any software that will allow me to easily monitor and get stats on my VPS usage, mainly RAM and CPU? The charts I see in the billing area are hard for me to make sense out of. It shows RAM as being almost maxed out but when I look in WHM I'm around 20-25%.

I think metrics like average monthly usage and peak usage would be helpful.

@yuyumonk

In WHM look for the plugins area and install one called Munin, this will give you the ability to chart and track things in a bit more detail like your wanting.

I do caution you that some of the default munin warning levels when installed can be too low so don't be alarmed if something starts notifying you. I can't recall off the top of my head but I think the CPU usage limits and/or load limits by default are set really low before a notice is sent. If you have any trouble with it feel free to open a support ticket and we'll give you an assist.

While not relating to your individual server performance, we do make use of stats from Hyperspin to track overall uptime across a large number of servers. It's more a general reporting tool than it is a minute by minute monitoring tool, but thought you might be interesting in checking the stats there from time to time just to confirm things are well for more than just your server.