Migration Questions

MrDeranged

Hi All,

I've spoken with @KH-DanielP & @KH-Jonathan over at xenforo and today had the pleasure of emailing back and forth with @KH-ScottW. First off I want to say that the support I've gotten without even being a client yet is beyond phenomenal and I wish I wasn't first hearing about you guys now.

I have a couple of questions regarding migration. I currently have 5 websites under 1 cpanel account. I'm not sure if how the directory structure on my account is "normal". Directly in my public_html folder I have all the folders/files for "Site 1" as well as individual folders for sites 2,3,4,5 that contain the folders/files for those sites. "Site 1" is my "main" site & "Site 2" is my "big" site. I'm not ready to move the "big" one yet and I'm not sure about moving the "main" one yet. Would it be possible to move sites 3,4,5 without affecting "Site 2" and if I did decide to move "Site 1" would that have any effect on "Site 2"?

I really hope that makes sense and I'm looking forward to eventually hosting with you guys for many years to come.

T.I.A.

Hi All,

I've spoken with @KH-DanielP & @KH-Jonathan over at xenforo and today had the pleasure of emailing back and forth with @KH-ScottW. First off I want to say that the support I've gotten without even being a client yet is beyond phenomenal and I wish I wasn't first hearing about you guys now.

I have a couple of questions regarding migration. I currently have 5 websites under 1 cpanel account. I'm not sure if how the directory structure on my account is "normal". Directly in my public_html folder I have all the folders/files for "Site 1" as well as individual folders for sites 2,3,4,5 that contain the folders/files for those sites. "Site 1" is my "main" site & "Site 2" is my "big" site. I'm not ready to move the "big" one yet and I'm not sure about moving the "main" one yet. Would it be possible to move sites 3,4,5 without affecting "Site 2" and if I did decide to move "Site 1" would that have any effect on "Site 2"?

I really hope that makes sense and I'm looking forward to eventually hosting with you guys for many years to come.

T.I.A.

Thanks for the kind words! As far as the directory structure is concerned it sounds normal for 1 primary site and 4 addon domains under it which is typical with the one cpanel account. However, just transferring sites 3, 4, & 5 would probably incur a manual migration due to just going after their files and databases. If email is involved there is a way to migrate it using IMAP from one server to another so it's not difficult to do.

The best way to find out about the migration's particulars would be to reply to that ticket to Sales and we can get you with our Professional Services staff for further information.