Memory Usage

MadMax

I am continuing to try and learn the processed in WHM. I noticed this morning that my memory usage appears high.

Code:
total       used       free     shared    buffers     cached
Mem:        327680     232032      95648          0          0          0
-/+ buffers/cache:     232032      95648
Swap:            0          0          0
Total:      327680     232032      95648

However, bandwidth and disk usage is low:

Bandwidth according to VZPP is at 0.06%

Disk Usage according to cPanel:
Code:
Filesystem            Size  Used Avail Use% Mounted on/dev/vzfs              30G  6.2G   24G  21% /simfs                  30G  6.2G   24G  21% /tmpsimfs                  30G  6.2G   24G  21% /var/tmp
What does this mean and sould I be concerned? How would everything appear to be low with the exception of memory and am I subject to charges if this is not fixed?

Hello MadMax (yes I know it's Dana but it's so fun calling you that :D)

If you've enabled services lately then you'll see a rise in memory usage. Particularly Spamassassin can use a lot of ram. It's not necessarily something to be worried about but what you can do is log in to your VPS via SSH and run the command 'top'. It's like the task manager in windows, it will show you CPU usage, memory usage, and a great deal more and that way you can see what it is that is eating up memory. It looks to me like you still have 232 megs free so I would not be worried about that and KH will contact you to let you know if you're running over.

In regards to your other concerns, did bandwidth just roll over for the month? That'd be the only thing I could think of there. And disk usage, so your disk usage changed from yesterday to today? Pretty tough to say what could have changed, maybe one of your clients decided to change to using POP3 for all of their email instead of IMAP? If you know how much each domain occupied before then you can run the command (in SSH again) 'du -h --max-depth=1 /home' and that will tell you how much disk space each folder under /home is using.

Hope that helps!

Well that would most definitely explain the ram usage then yes :)

Keep an eye on your outbound email queue in WHM as rejected spam can and will sit there for days horking things up.