Mem and CP for ecommerce site

I

Ile

Hello,

We are going to start an eCommerce website and considering your VPS. Here are our questions:

The services we will need:
1. CRE Loaded (OS Commerce) shopping cart
2. mySQL
3. DNS server
4. Live Chat support
5. Start with one site, then may add two or three more later
6. POP3 for less than 10 mailboxes

Control Panel: is webmin sufficient for our requirement? I heard that cPanel consumes a lot of memoey and CPU.

Memory: if we start from VPSM plan and upgrade when we need, is 128MB enough, or just impossible to run the above services?

Thanks,

Sy

Hello,

Please see below as I have answered your questions. If you have any further questions let us know.

The services we will need:
1. CRE Loaded (OS Commerce) shopping cart
--As long as a link to installation instructions are provided we will install this.
2. mySQL
--This comes with all VPS plans
3. DNS server
--With a VPS you get you own nameservers so can set your DNS how you please.
4. Live Chat support
--We don't provide live chat support but we have 24/7 support via our helpdesk and via email.
5. Start with one site, then may add two or three more later
--All control panels are unlimited domains so you can add domains as you need.
6. POP3 for less than 10 mailboxes
--Unlimited email accounts come with all VPS plans

Control Panel: is webmin sufficient for our requirement? I heard that cPanel consumes a lot of memoey and CPU.
--Webmin isn't a control panel as it is a GUI to configuration files. If you aren't experienced from the command line with Linux I recommend either Plesk, cPanel, or Directadmin. Out of the three Directadmin uses the least amount of memory.

Memory: if we start from VPSM plan and upgrade when we need, is 128MB enough, or just impossible to run the above services?
--You can add memory, disk space, or IP's whenever you want to which will result in no downtime.

-Jay

Wow, got answered by the CEO ;p

Thank you Jay for your prompt reply. You speedy support is the most important reason that we want to go with KH.

Sorry I didn't make it clear. I should say "The services we will run on the VPS" instead of "The services we will need:". But anyway, you have answered my questions. And we didn't expect that you guys could offer the CRELoaded installation. Excellent service.

yes, i think we will go with Directadmin.

Sorry one more question (I am new to VPS): what kind of firewall do we need to run on the VPS? Is there any protection between the VPS and the Internet provided by KH? Am I right if I say KH has the hardware firewall for the entire NOC and we just need to setup a software firewall on the VPS?

Thanks again,

Sy

We will help with the installation of CRELoaded but we need instructions how to do so. We can install APF firewall for you if you request it. Once you order open a support ticket requesting this to be done. As for the physical server that is our responsibility as we maintain all the servers.

Thanks,
Joel

Thank you Joel,

Do you have any idea about how much CPU and memory that DirectAdmin and cPanel would usually consume on the VPS?

If we start up the new site with no need to migrate any legacy data, which Control Panel would you recommend? I understand that cPanel is more popular and DirectAdmin is more efficient. Are there any other things we need to concern?

Thanks,

CPU is barely used so that isn't something to think about. Memory wise with Directadmin I would say roughly 100 MB. Migrating data from a legacy system would be similar with each control panel as you will need to register each customer then move databases, files, etc.

Thanks,
Joel