Main URL just downloads a file

i have move a website over to to knownhost form hostgator and hostgator is forwarding the DNS, so the site is resolving on Knownhost servers. and i used the migration tool in cPanel to move all of the domains at once from cPanel to cPanel.

But the domain name bergeronwebdesign.com was the main domain on the hostgator server so i don't know if it is setup different or not.

but when you go to the domain bergeronwebdesign.com it download a little file. the file extention is .file. I will post the contents below. and it doesnt matter if i use the domain name or the IP/~accountname. It gives me the file below. Its something from joomla but its not the index.php file.

<?php
/**
* @packageJoomla.Site
* @copyrightCopyright (C) 2005 - 2013 Open Source Matters, Inc. All rights reserved.
* @licenseGNU General Public License version 2 or later; see LICENSE.txt
*/

// Set flag that this is a parent file.
define('_JEXEC', 1);
define('DS', DIRECTORY_SEPARATOR);

if (file_exists(dirname(__FILE__) . '/defines.php')) {
include_once dirname(__FILE__) . '/defines.php';
}

if (!defined('_JDEFINES')) {
define('JPATH_BASE', dirname(__FILE__));
require_once JPATH_BASE.'/includes/defines.php';
}

require_once JPATH_BASE.'/includes/framework.php';

// Mark afterLoad in the profiler.
JDEBUG ? $_PROFILER->mark('afterLoad') : null;

// Instantiate the application.
$app = JFactory::getApplication('site');

// Initialise the application.
$app->initialise();

// Mark afterIntialise in the profiler.
JDEBUG ? $_PROFILER->mark('afterInitialise') : null;

// Route the application.
$app->route();

// Mark afterRoute in the profiler.
JDEBUG ? $_PROFILER->mark('afterRoute') : null;

// Dispatch the application.
$app->dispatch();

// Mark afterDispatch in the profiler.
JDEBUG ? $_PROFILER->mark('afterDispatch') : null;

// Render the application.
$app->render();

// Mark afterRender in the profiler.
JDEBUG ? $_PROFILER->mark('afterRender') : null;

// Return the response.
echo $app;

Vincent,

Are you perhaps running Plesk?

If so there is an option in the Plesk config for each website to enable/disable PHP, you'll want to make sure this option is enabled. This is generally what I see on a Plesk server when php scripts try to download themselves.

If you need help with this, don't hesitate to open a support ticket and we'll get you taken care of.

Check to see if a php.ini file got migrated over, if so, rename it to php.ini.old (normally you'll find one in your public_html folder), sometimes these contain server specific settings that may not apply due to the migration.

You'll also want to check to see what php variables are defined in your .htaccess file, temporarily you could rename this file as well.

ive renamed the htaccess file but it still does the same thing. and there is not a php.ini in the public_html folder. could it be somewhere else

figured it out. when it migrated the website from the other cPanel the only A record it changed was the for the main domain name bergeronwebdesign.com. all of the other A records were pointing back to the hostgator server. made the correction and all is well. all the other sites migrated back.

Awesome,

That'll definitely do it. Don't hesitate to hit us up should you need any more help, and always feel free to open support tickets as well :)