Mailing issues

urbantoy

Hi

What does it mean when they talk about "bulk Mailing" ? I sent out mails to all the subscribers at once, is that consider sending out Bulk mailing ?

Thank you

If it's a legitimate opt-in mailing, I don't think you'd have a problem, though someone at KH will be able to clarify.

Here's what the KH AUP has to say:

The Knownhost AUP said:
Bulk Commercial E-Mail
You must obtain KnownHost's advance approval for any bulk commercial e-mail, which will not be given unless you are able to demonstrate all of the following to KnownHost's reasonable satisfaction:
  • Your intended recipients have given their consent to receive e-mail via some affirmative means, such as an opt-in procedure;
  • Your procedures for soliciting consent include reasonable means to ensure that the person giving consent is the owner of the e-mail address for which the consent is given;
  • You retain evidence of the recipient's consent in a form that may be promptly produced on request, and you honor recipient's and KnownHost's requests to produce consent evidence within 72 hours of receipt of the request.
  • You have procedures in place that allow a recipient to easily revoke their consent - such as a link in the body of the e-mail, or instructions to reply with the word "Remove" in the subject line. Revocations of consent are honored within 72 hours, and you notify recipients that their revocation of their consent will be honored in 72 hours;
  • You must have a Privacy Policy posted for each domain associated with the mailing;
  • You have the means to track anonymous complaints;
  • You may not obscure the source of your e-mail in any manner. Your e-mail must include the recipients e-mail address in the body of the message or in the "TO" line of the e-mail; and
  • You otherwise comply with the CAN SPAM Act and other applicable law.
These policies apply to messages sent using your KnownHost service, or to messages sent from any network by you or any person on your behalf that directly or indirectly refer the recipient to a site hosted via your KnownHost service. In addition, you may not use a third party e-mail service that does not practice similar procedures for all its customers.
KnownHost may test and otherwise monitor your compliance with its requirements, including requesting opt-in information from a random sample of your list at any time.

Unsolicited E-Mail

You may not send any unsolicited e-mail, either in bulk or individually, to any person who has indicated that they do not wish to receive it.
You must comply with the rules of any other network you access or participate in using your KnownHost's services.

After 1 month, hotmail support didn't reply to me and yahoo mail supprt is still on hold. Is there any better way to do this issue regarding mails send end up in spam folder?

Have you set up SPF records for your domain and do you provide a link/email in the footer of every email to unsubscribe if some one wants?

The SPF was set up by knownhost and as for the link/ email at the end of the mail, I cant get my mails to subscribers inbox right now.