Limit Cpu and mem Usage

lancehudson

I am considering vps M(L if i need the mem).

1) is there a way to limit cpu usage for a process to prevent me from going over 25% for 90 seconds?

2) how much mem would i need for cpanel, whm, fantastico, rvskin. the sites i will be running will use a content management system, havent picked one yet. I also plan on setting up a groupware system, but less than 10 users.

do i need gar mem or can i just rely on the burstable mem.

Thanks

Lance

Lance,

Thanks for your interest in KnownHost. Please see below as I have answered your questions.

1) is there a way to limit cpu usage for a process to prevent me from going over 25% for 90 seconds?

--This is not possible but we will send you an email if this happens so it isn't like your site will be taken offline. If something is wrong we will let you know and try to help identify the problem.

2) how much mem would i need for cpanel, whm, fantastico, rvskin. the sites i will be running will use a content management system, havent picked one yet. I also plan on setting up a groupware system, but less than 10 users.

--I would recommend the VPS L if you intend to use cPanel/WHM, Fantastico, and Rvskin. cPanel uses a lot of memory so we always recommend the VPS L+ when selecting cPanel as your control panel. You can also just select the VPS M and add extra memory since we sell RAM a la carte. This is quite popular since it allows you to just add what you need.

do i need gar mem or can i just rely on the burstable mem.

--Burstable RAM is what you should be looking at. Min RAM only comes into play if the server is fully loaded and there is no RAM left. You should expect to receive your burstable RAM amount not Min RAM.

I hope this answers your questions. Let us know if you need any further assistance.

Joel