lfd File Change Detection

phpAddict

Has anyone applied Ifd's file change detection to a website?
I was just wondering if I could apply Ifd's file change detection on to the public_html folder of a website. That way it would allow me to maintain security on a client's poorly programmed website and alert me if any programming changes have been made unknown to me.

Thanks!

Has anyone applied Ifd's file change detection to a website?
I was just wondering if I could apply Ifd's file change detection on to the public_html folder of a website. That way it would allow me to maintain security on a client's poorly programmed website and alert me if any programming changes have been made unknown to me.

Thanks!

The way LFD does this is by generating md5s of files which can be pretty intensive. I've not done this, but I don't think it would be a good idea either.

I suppose I can just run a cron job on a php file that does an md5 check on all the files, but figured that wouldn't be as good as using lfd since the php file could be modified on the site, or maybe now that I think about it I can change the file privileges so it can't be modified.
php's md5_file function processes a 10MB file on my server in less than a couple hundredths of a second. Most all the files on said site are only a few hundred KB so I'd expect it process the whole site in just a few seconds. I'll go that route and see how it does.

Thanks for the input Jonathan. ;)