KnownHost's Santa 2010 Wishlist

jscieza

I love KH
Hello guys,

As you know, each year KnownHost's Santa comes with very great news for us so this thread is to place our wishes. Let allow me to be the first:

1. Daily backups for Hybrids
  2. HY1 RAM upgrade from 1536MB to 2048MB
  3. HY2 RAM upgrade from 2048MB to 2560MB

Please take in account that this thread isn't intented to request cheaper prices or something like that, just features or upgrades.

Feel free to share your wishlist with us!

Thank you,
Jonathan

:D

But you need to take in account that they will need some time to study the proposals (our wishes) and see what they can do in order to make us happier than we're currently are even when it sounds impossible to make us happier with that superb service and support they provide us.

Hello guys,

As you know, each year KnownHost's Santa comes with very great news for us so this thread is to place our wishes. Let allow me to be the first:

1. Daily backups for Hybrids
  2. HY1 RAM upgrade from 1536MB to 2048MB
  3. HY2 RAM upgrade from 2048MB to 2560MB
Please take in account that this thread isn't intented to request cheaper prices or something like that, just features or upgrades.

Feel free to share your wishlist with us!

Thank you,
Jonathan
I agree 100% with ALL of the above!

I'll add one more, how about slightly lower density for Hybrids as well also. I believe there are something like 8-15 hybrids per machine now, what about making it 6-12?

I got another wish.

It's getting common that Hybrid providers are offering guaranteed CPU cores so for example if the physical server where our hybrids are hosted is powered by a Dual Xeon processor, it means that they will never place anything more than 8 accounts per node.

As a plus, they could offer the option to have more than one CPU core guaranteed. This way we could buy let's say two CPU cores for more CPU processing power without going against the TOS.

Thank you,
Jonathan

I got another wish.

It's getting common that Hybrid providers are offering guaranteed CPU cores so for example if the physical server where our hybrids are hosted is powered by a Dual Xeon processor, it means that they will never place anything more than 8 accounts per node.

As a plus, they could offer the option to have more than one CPU core guaranteed. This way we could buy let's say two CPU cores for more CPU processing power without going against the TOS.

Thank you,
Jonathan

In "reality" we offer more with our Hybrid's. Many of the Hybrids are on 16 CPU machines so the ratio works out to greater then 1 Core. We are very against overselling so it's all relative. Hope this helps.

In "reality" we offer more with our Hybrid's. Many of the Hybrids are on 16 CPU machines so the ratio works out to greater then 1 Core. We are very against overselling so it's all relative. Hope this helps.

Hello Joel, it's good to see you here :)

You mean 8 CPU machines with hyperthreading right? In the other hand, any word regarding the RAM upgrade wish? :D

Thank you,
Jonathan

Hello Joel, it's good to see you here :)

You mean 8 CPU machines with hyperthreading right? In the other hand, any word regarding the RAM upgrade wish? :D

Thank you,
Jonathan

Yes, you are correct. RAM upgrade wish is something we've been discussing. No promises but not saying no either. I'm around as usual.

Thanks,
Joel

Self-managed VPS

You are currently really well in offering managed Vps. I see no other team more trusted on the web today, and especially what is seen in Brazil offers.:)

But we always need to allocate domains of low demand and complexity. I wish that in 2010 the Knownhost also offer self-managed VPS. Therefore we will not need another data center in particular. There is great brands out there, especially for resale. Think about it!

Thank you, and a happy new year and holidays to all of the big family.

Alexandre Abreu
alextronbrasil.com
:rolleyes:

Are you talking about unmanaged VPS? If so, KH already offer unmanaged VPS service if you choose not to get a control panel.

Jscieza,
Hello, sorry for the delay in responding.
I was referring to another virtualization system (non xen), with control panel solusvm.
This is simple, effective and much cheaper. Maybe not interesting to Knownhost. Could be offered to customers for testing.
Clearly I am not considering that system as better than xen, but it is a cheap alternative to sites / VPS low complexity, since the server without overselling.
Sorry my poor english.
Fraternal embrace
Alexandre Abreu - Brazil;)

When are we getting the email from KH Santa? Today 24 or tomorrow 25? :confused:

P.S.: Happy Holidays to all the KH team and customers!!!

I do not want for a single thing from Knownhost. I think that their plans are all very generous already and I feel like being with them makes it Christmas every day!

Merry Christmas one and ALL!