KnownHost Knowledgebase Requests & Suggestions

Nothing to be scared of David! For the amount of typing you've done there's surprisingly little that I saw in my quick run-through :D

Happy to shoot off an email although it may be a day or two before I can do so.
No worries or rush, certainly appreciate any/all that you can report and the time it takes to do so.

• More information on the migration process if a customer chooses to move from one DC to another (versus the process of transitioning from, say, a traditional VPS to an SSD VPS in the TX facility).
  • Making the transition from a VPS to a dedicated server. Not necessarily the technical details, but the steps that must be taken with sales/billing in order to make it happen. Sorta-kinda similar to my first suggestion above.

Here ya go:

Alright. Apologies for the double-reply, but I have a few more suggestions:
  • An article outlining the steps that should be taken after a hostname change has been made. Particularly if you change the domain itself (going from example.testdomain.com to example.testdomain2.com, etc.) as opposed to simply changing the server name (going from example.testdomain.com to example2.testdomain.com).
  • This is somewhat related to the above suggestion. Just a few brief thoughts on re-generating/re-issuing self-signed service certificates when hostname changes, etc. are made.
  • Comparisons of available PHP handlers. I don't know if many people actually pay attention to these, so perhaps a few instances of where/when each handler would prove to be beneficial.
  • EasyApache basics. What to touch (or not touch) if you're not familiar with the script at all, how to save custom builds, how to edit saved builds, etc. Again, the basics.
I'm trying to create scenarios where customers who aren't familiar with cPanel/WHM may get confused.

Alright. Apologies for the double-reply, but I have a few more suggestions:
[...]
I'm trying to create scenarios where customers who aren't familiar with cPanel/WHM may get confused.

As always, great and appreciated ideas. - The PHP Handlers topic is already on the to do list, but just added the rest of them to the queue to work on!

aimg.knownhost.com_file_thumbnail_2014_9_17_29e01e897feb16117747f4d7055f4d4a.png

thanks for all tutoriales David, they are always welcome.

About the videos, i think that when the video is a little long (i mean you can't just see it once and then do it by yourself), the video it's a very good complement, so you can put it in your tablet for example, and keep working, without the need of switching windows.

thanks for all tutoriales David, they are always welcome.

About the videos, i think that when the video is a little long (i mean you can't just see it once and then do it by yourself), the video it's a very good complement, so you can put it in your tablet for example, and keep working, without the need of switching windows.

Thanks for taking the time to provide your input! I'll keep all of that in mind for future efforts. Any special requests yourself?

Thanks for taking the time to provide your input! I'll keep all of that in mind for future efforts. Any special requests yourself?

Mmm, actually i have not seen the entire KB that you already have, since i usually ask Google the "how to" or the "why" jaja...

Some stuff i have asked to support, or have checked a few links, are how to export-import a DB trough SSH (when this one it's too big), and have it connected to a Cpanel user.... How to unblock yourself when your IP got banned (lucky me it has never happened to me at my server with you, but with servers at other places i get banned very frequently, i guess i have to re-check the csf config). maybe these are easy questions for you, but i have to re-search it, every time i need it :D