Knownhost IP block on SORBS DUHL list?

Dave A

Is anyone else having this issue? And any suggestions as to how to sort it out?

I'm getting emails bounced with the following error message:
550-rejected because 67.222.4.119 is in a black list at dul.dnsbl.sorbs.net
550 Dynamic IP Addresses See: [removed as it seems I'm not allowed to post a URL until I've made 5 posts]
Although that IP is dedicated to one web site, the actual listing on SORBS is an IP block listing. It seems the TTL setting for the IP block is getting SORBS in a tiz.

I've raised this as a support ticket with Knownhost and they suggest I request SORBS to have the IP excluded from the block listing. This has not gone well, although why is unclear as SORBS has not responded to my request made on 29 November.

I'm no techie - I don't understand the issue. And I seem to be running out of options to get off this listing which, it seems, has nothing to do with my website.

HELP!
Please.

Hi Dave,

I can also confirm the following are listed which is affecting my sites hosted with KH.

Listing Type: DUHL (Dynamically Allocated IP address or NAT host)
Using OS:
Problem host/IP: 67.222.20.0/22
DNS Record: NXDOMAIN
DNS TTL (How long the record is value for): Negative Caching in Effect (Authoritive Result)

Listing Type: DUHL (Dynamically Allocated IP address or NAT host)
Using OS:
Problem host/IP: 67.222.16.0/21
DNS Record: NXDOMAIN
DNS TTL (How long the record is value for): Negative Caching in Effect (Authoritive Result)

The Sorbs site is failing when I try to submit support or a delist, this is great.

I hope it gets resolved, I have upset clients.

So far we didn't receive any replies from SORBS. They don't reply to tickets, don't take an action, etc. Not only our IP space is affected by this, some other providers are in the same boat as we are. The best thing that can be done at this point is to try to contact with administrators of mail servers where SORBS is being used and to convince them to drop SORBS from their RBL configs.

Thanks for the update Paul & blackdog. At least that explains why SORBS isn't responding and their 504 gateway timeouts.

I guess they never heard of making backups before a major update. What a mess.

Oh well, time to go sully their names on the techie forums then. Probably the quickest way to get mailserver administrators to drop SORBS until they fix their problems.