Just Paid a VPS Package, What Should I Do Next? :D

dedefride

Hi, new member here and I've just paid managed VPS-2 package with cPanel and softaculous. So, what should I do next? Do I only wait to get email that my VPS is ready? sorry just curious...

And, because I'm really new with VPS (previously I only use shared hosting on HG and BH), and now to take my business to the new level, I want to host my new wordpress site with this new VPS, could someone or KH staff give simple steps, what should I do to host my new site after my vps is ready/active? Is there any setting that should I do for the first time?

Since I'm only familiar with shared hosting where everything on the hosting has been set up, I only know how to add on domain, install WP, setting DNS to my domain and start build my site. :D My plan for this VPS, I'm going to build only 2 sites. So, I will only use primary domain for my VPS and add 1 domain again.
I hope you can understand my question.. thanks.. :)

regards,
Fride

@dedefride,

Welcome to KnownHost! I hope we can meet your every need and I anticipate that you'll be very happy here.

With our managed support, a VPS isn't terribly different from shared/reseller hosting. Creating a cPanel account through WHM is very straight forward and cPanel has wonderful documentation on how to do just about everything. For example here's the documentation on how to create a new account: http://docs.cpanel.net/twiki/bin/view/AllDocumentation/WHMDocs/CreateAccount

If you're coming from an old host using cPanel (HG does) then all you need to do is provide us with your old and new server info and we'll happily move it over for you, and then all you have to do is update your nameservers at your domain registrar.

Let me know if you have any other questions and feel free to open us a ticket any time. We're here 24/7 after all ;)

just got all my answers after contacting your support department. thanks.. :)
and please give my regards and thanks to Mr. Jeremy A. (A for awesome I think :D ) for taking care me kindly via support ticket.

just got all my answers after contacting your support department. thanks.. :)
and please give my regards and thanks to Mr. Jeremy A. (A for awesome I think :D ) for taking care me kindly via support ticket.

I'm glad to hear that you got everything running like you need it :) I'll make sure Jeremy A. sees your post here ;)