Joomla Sites on VPS

Discussion in 'Linux VPS/Dedicated - General' started by RaceJunkie, Jan 16, 2007.

1. RaceJunkie

RaceJunkie Member

I was wondering how Joomla runs on VPS's? I have a forum that has about 1,400 members but I am also going to start building a few Joomla sites for a few people. I will add them as completely new sites with there own domain etc.. For the most part they will not be extremely busy sites.. I was just wondering if Joomla was the right direction to go in, I have more experience with it than other CMS's..

2. DesotoD

DesotoD New Member

I run Joomla for several clients. with .11 and before, there were definitely hacker issues but it seems pretty secure now with 12.

3. RaceJunkie

RaceJunkie Member

Have you been running it long? I had a question or two about how to do a certain thing.

4. DesotoD

DesotoD New Member

Yeah, I'm an old Mambo/Joomla freak lol. I love the program and was very upset when it had security issues but they seem to have fixed it.

5. RaceJunkie

RaceJunkie Member

I have been working on a site for a friend. I have a Gallery module and I was wondering if there is anyway to add it without having the required Intro text. Here is the site.
    http://ronnieboykin36.com/

6. DesotoD

DesotoD New Member

Sorry, I spent yesterday trying to see how badly I could screw up lol.

Yeah, you can edit the language files....I edit everything. If you wanna shoot me an email, I'll be glad to see if I can help you.