Is it possible to run ASP under LINUX

hosting

To make ASP run under Linux, PHP script files are saved as ASP extensions and are redirected to the PHP interpreter. So it looks like the server serves ASP files, but these are actually PHP scripts.

To make ASP run under Linux, PHP script files are saved as ASP extensions and are redirected to the PHP interpreter. So it looks like the server serves ASP files, but these are actually PHP scripts.

What you are asking for is not ASP running under Linux, but rather PHP masquerading as ASP?

You should be able to make the extension of files anything you want.

Have a look here:

http://www.hudzilla.org/phpbook/read.php/17_1_2

Warning: I have never done this, and my search results could be completely off base.

:)

ASP and PHP are totally different animals and if you want to run ASP on linux it requires a bit more than that such as this or this.

I looked into this at one point as well and at that time (year and a half ago or so) it was still pretty unstable. No idea how it is now.

Hope that helps

Well for some the OS is more like a religion LOL, than a tool.The only reason Im still on windows? Im incredibly lazy and I only have box to play with.

1) To make ASP run under Linux >> as Dan suggested you will need to install mono

2) PHP script files are saved as ASP extensions >> no need just fine with .php extension

3) If you really need tu run ASP application, I suggest you using windows OS instead of linux...

Hello Team,

These are two different plate-from for different -2 application , if you want to run Window based application then you have to move to window based OS or if it is Linux based then ,move to Linux OS,
Now Linux is open source and the freely available for customize, If you change the extension as well as other setting then this doesn't take implementation.
So If you put the php based extension with asp extenstion then this thing doesn't replicated.
So if you want to run asp application then move to window or in other way move to linux.