IPv6

owine

cPanel has added IPv6 support to the EDGE tier in version 11.40 and according to their forums, it will be pushed to other tiers in the coming weeks. Any plans for KH to add IPv6 to the service offering now that cPanel will be able to support it?

I actually e-mailed sales about this a few days ago, and here is the reply I got for what it's worth:

"We're not currently offering IPv6 IPs but hope to be able to provide them shortly."

If any of the moderators over here has some more information on when this might happen, I'd appreciate an update - the current 4x extra IPv4 limit per VPS is something that would be nice to solve :)

@phpAddict I was a bit behind the SSL Certs and IP thing. Not realizing you don't need a dedicated IP per SSL cert anymore.
Obviously not been a customer of KH for long enough.

Was discussing the issue the other day with a friend of mine who also moved away from the "host whose name we don't speak" and he had the same concerns about IP's.

All of our servers, network gear, etc. are setup for IPv6 and can handle it. Shortly our billing system will be as well given the upgrades we've been working on for quite some time.

We're deploying IPv6 with new dedicated servers but not providing support for issues with it at this time.

The last piece of the puzzle at this point is that the internet connections at our office don't support IPv6 yet thus we cannot support IPv6 since we can't troubleshoot it, etc.

Last edited:
It's not something that's really been talked about or discussed internally as of yet but technically speaking there'd be nothing stopping us from doing this probably in a few months. Once the last few technical limitations are out of the way with the billing/management side of things we'll discuss it internally and it might be something we can make available to people on request.