IPv6 ?

Skylinux

The last IPv4 block has been assigned and I want to get my services IPv6 ready.

How is knownhost coming along with IPv6 upgrades? How long will it take until we get full support?

At this point we do not have an ETA when IP v6 will become available within our network

Hello,

It's now been 4 months since this thread was opened - and there was no ETA, we are now getting very close to the estimated time when IPv4 will run out (August) and it worries me that you have no plans to develop your network to meet the needs of your clients to expand..

I love KnownHost, and have only been with you recently, however your lack of preparation & communication for this scares me.. The part that scares me is that it "seems" that you are not doing anything and when you do eventually run out of IP's, your just going to rush in the IPv6 solution.. Disaster!

Please put my mind to rest.

Richard,

This isn't as bad as it sounds. At this point more than half of our network is IP v6 ready, rest of the gear could be converted into IP v6 ready state with a simple reboot.
We do not plan to start offering IP v6 until cPanel will fully support it.

Regards,
Paul

Hi Paul,

Any update on IPv6?

Is there possibility to get even "unsupported" IPv6 access on any of VPS virtual network interface?

Not at this time. We attempted to roll out IP v6 in the test environment and faced few issues which would require to do some software and hardware changes in our environment.

Not at this time. We attempted to roll out IP v6 in the test environment and faced few issues which would require to do some software and hardware changes in our environment.
What issues did you find, and where are we at with this?

any update about IPv6 ?

are we waiting until CPanel is ready or can we proceed, if we choose different control panels like Plesk etc...?

thank you

I'm sure you're going to hear this question more and more with the worldwide ipv6 switch today: worldipv6launch.org
Any kind of ETA?