IP Address WHOIS

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by RFEHosting, Oct 22, 2012.

1. RFEHosting

RFEHosting Member

2. KH-Dmitry

KH-Dmitry Administrator Staff Member

I wouldn't say it is impossible, however it is not something we're able to help you with.
    I am not very familiar with the entire process, AFAIK you would have to:
    1) register with ARIN.
    2) request an IP address block. You must submit a standard form explaining how exactly are you going to utilize addresses and that you indeed need as many as requested. I'm not sure if one can request a block smaller than /24
    3) if your request is approved and the range is assigned to you, it is your responsibility to make all necessary arrangements for advertising/routing addresses to your hardware.

perhaps I missed few extra steps.

3. RFEHosting

RFEHosting Member

Hmm ya thats where the problem comes up.

I do not need that many ip addresses.

But id love to not have it show KH as my host, and all my clients host.

Not much of a white-label system in my opinion.

4. Dan

Dan Moderator

This is not a typical whois. This must be a database of webhost IP#s. The normal whois for the IP of your website shows PrivateSystems Networks which would be your 'white-label' system.

5. RFEHosting

RFEHosting Member

Ya its weird, i used to see the private systems one. but now it changed to that.

6. KH-Jonathan

KH-Jonathan Director of Managed Services Staff Member

We do fully whitelabel, however, this is what looks like a custom database of webhosts and their IP ranges. They probably just associated privatesystems with us, so now, unfortunately search a domain that resolves to our IPs now shows KnownHost on this particular website.

Unfortunately it's out of our control.

7. RFEHosting

RFEHosting Member

Ok no problem ill live with it

thanks for looking into it.