Installing caching on my VPS

opentoe

I'm running an SMF forum and was told I really should activate/install caching. I was told to use APC. Is this something that can be installed via the root control panel? Is it something that can be installed via the user account control panel? Does the version of VPS we use here support using APC caching? I don't wan to blindly rush into it, since the forum is up and running but would like to use a caching method really.

I actually found APC in the software->module installers in the cpanel. I haven't installed it yet, but wanted to know if I did would that affect the curently runnning sites/PHP that are currently running now?

Thanks

I'm running an SMF forum and was told I really should activate/install caching. I was told to use APC. Is this something that can be installed via the root control panel? Is it something that can be installed via the user account control panel? Does the version of VPS we use here support using APC caching? I don't wan to blindly rush into it, since the forum is up and running but would like to use a caching method really.

I actually found APC in the software->module installers in the cpanel. I haven't installed it yet, but wanted to know if I did would that affect the curently runnning sites/PHP that are currently running now?

Thanks

I've installed APC via the WHM, but SMF is unable to tell that it is installed. I'll head over to the SMF forums to see if can help out also.