Installatron Interest?

KH-Joel

KH Sales
Staff member
Does anyone use or have any interest in Installatron? If the demand is there we will add it. It works with cPanel, Plesk, and Directadmin and is a "Fantastico" type tool. www.installatron.com. Let us know.

Thanks,
Joel

Does anyone use or have any interest in Installatron? If the demand is there we will add it. It works with cPanel, Plesk, and Directadmin and is a "Fantastico" type tool. www.installatron.com. Let us know.

Thanks,
Joel

Other than it looks like their packages are newer...how is this any different than what is currently available with Plesk in regards to installing applications now?

Would this be free or an additional per month fee?

Plesk is just slow with updates on applications, etc. It's just an alternative we found interesting but since there's no interest we won't bother offering it. We would have charged a similar price to the Plesk Powerpack. Thanks!

Joel

I'm interested as well.

I'm currently running my own license of it on my DirectAdmin account here.

It used to be that Installatron was the only option for DA. I'm not sure if that is still the case, but I still use it all the time.

Installatron is a lot better than the lousy Fantastico.

Read up on WHT, those who switched to Installatron from Fantastico had not look back at all!

Insta;;atron

I'd may be a bit interested as well, looks like their support is fairly good, from what I have seen on their forum.

On the other hand, the only reason I have ever used an auto-installer was for a quickie test to see if I liked something or not, if I did like it, I uninstalled it and re-installed the script the manual geeky way.:)

To me, I like to know what is going on and not having it hid behind a front end, besides, it makes it easier to add mods to your scripts.

Jeff

It looks much better maintained that Fantasico - however, it's not something I'd use as I prefer to install things manually. It often gives the user more control and is a great learning exp.

However, for those who like the quick and easy installation solutions - I think people would probably be happier with something a little better than Fantasico.

- Devon

It looks much better maintained that Fantasico - however, it's not something I'd use as I prefer to install things manually. It often gives the user more control and is a great learning exp.

However, for those who like the quick and easy installation solutions - I think people would probably be happier with something a little better than Fantasico.

- Devon
Me too...........for personal sites and sites where I am doing custom work. Mainly because I like to mess with the scripts lol. However, it is a selling point for hosting services. If I can tell the casual web site owner that they can install their own blog with two clicks.............I usually have the account.

Most scripts these days are easy to install just by themselves, I would not use this or anything like it for the simple fact it's just pointless to me when the scripts come with their own installer. :D

Most scripts these days are easy to install just by themselves, I would not use this or anything like it for the simple fact it's just pointless to me when the scripts come with their own installer. :D
SHHHHHHHHHHHHH! Lol, I make a lot of quick dollars with the auto-installs.

We opted to not offer it based on extremely low demand. We've been in contact with Netenberg and Fantastico in a few months will have some nice updates we're excited to see.