ImageMagick/GD

Discussion in 'Linux VPS - Plesk' started by Templater, May 27, 2006.

1. Templater

Templater New Member

I was wondering if ImageMagick or GD is installed on the VPS servers by default, or do I still need to install it? Either of these programs is required by my site's gallery to run.

Thanks!

2. KH-Paul

KH-Paul CTO Staff Member

Hello,

This depends on the control panel software you want to use inside your VPS. Image Magic is not installed by default but can be easily added. As for GD it is enabled in Plesk VPS and Webmin VPS by default, with cPanel VPS it can be added in just a couple of clicks in the control panel.

Thanks,
    Paul

3. Templater

Templater New Member

Thanks for the info!

Could you give me some brief instructions on how the installation process is done for ImageMagick?

4. KH-Paul

KH-Paul CTO Staff Member

Just noticed that this thread is in the Plesk VPS forum ;) so, all that needs to be done to install ImageMagick in Plesk VPS is to run this command:

yum install ImageMagick ImageMagick-perl

5. Templater

Templater New Member

Thanks for the quick response!

I am quite new to the VPS scene, so I would like to know, where do you input this command? Is it in the Virtuozzo control panel?

6. KH-Paul

KH-Paul CTO Staff Member

This command should be typed in the root-level ssh session. You may use ssh terminal emulation in VZPP but it is fully compatible only with MS IE 6. If you use Windows, then I would recommend to download and install Putty - the most popular ssh client for MS Windows. You can grab it from:
    http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/putty/download.html

7. KH-Paul

KH-Paul CTO Staff Member

Also, you may submit a ticket to our support team and we'll be happy to assist you with ImageMagick installation in your VPS.

8. Templater

Templater New Member

Thanks for the help, I will submit a ticket as I have no clue how to install on my VPS!