I made the move :)

Goodfella

I have finally decided to make the move to KnownHost. It was a tough decision. I spent quiet a bit of time on WHT looking for a reliable provider.
After a few conversations on WHT i was finally convinced that KH was the right choice to make (Jonathan helped me make my decision).
Let me tell you, I started with the Sales Chat and talked to (Debbie). I had a ton of questions (my first vps), I cannot express how happy i was with the conversation I had with Debbie. She was very professional and knowledgeable! If the customer service continues the way it has been so far i will be with KnownHost for a long time!

I am now waiting for my VPS to be setup and then I will be moving my xenforo website onto the VPS. @KH-Jonathan, I hear that you may be the person to contact regarding optimizing the server to run a xenforo forum. Am i hearing the right things?

Once again Im happy to be a part of KH. Looking forward to learning form everyone on the forum!

Welcome to KnownHost!

I am a big fan of XenForo. Just pop open a ticket when you're ready and request me and I'll help you get everything setup for it. It will be best if this will be the only site (or one of a few) on the VPS all managed by you so we can run DSO + APC. That setup makes XF very very happy and speedy which I've found only surpassed by Nginx + PHP-FPM + APC like we run here but that's not possible in cPanel.

Welcome to KnownHost!

I am a big fan of XenForo. Just pop open a ticket when you're ready and request me and I'll help you get everything setup for it. It will be best if this will be the only site (or one of a few) on the VPS all managed by you so we can run DSO + APC. That setup makes XF very very happy and speedy which I've found only surpassed by Nginx + PHP-FPM + APC like we run here but that's not possible in cPanel.
Its very beneficial to have someone like you to provide advice to someone like me about this! My XenForo will be the only thing on this server at the moment. I just opened a ticket for the migration so hopefully all this goes well. I had many questions (considering this is my first time). Hopefully after the migration happens you can help me optimize the server a bit for xenforo to run happily and fast :)
Thanks a ton!

Sorry for the double post @KH-Jonathan I have requested my open ticket to be forwarded to you :) looking forward to your help. SO the fastest you have seen was Nginx + PHP-FPM + APC? That is impossible on the vps?

Yep David informed me a bit ago. Be with ya shortly.

Nginx + PHP-FPM + APC is the fastest, but only by a minuscule amount which you can't really tell anyway so no worries. DSO + APC will be extremely speedy for ya.

Welcome to KnownHost, @Goodfella.

@KH-Jonathan has been a great help to me, in optimizing things for XF. But the best part is that everyone at KnownHost is just as willing to help, when you need it. Jonathon helped me with the decision to use LiteSpeed and combined with APC and Memcached, my forums scream.

Goodfella; You have made a wise decision and choice joining the KH Family. I drifted between a number of providers for years on Shared accounts that were nothing but problems. I knew nothing about VPS other then it was an improvement over Shared. Approximately 6 years later I am still here and so happy to have found KH. Their Support is second to none and personnel are always available to help. I am sure you are going to feel the same. KH makes sure that everyone from the novice to the pro is given the best support they can offer and many times goes beyond expectation. Welcome ! ! !